Super synergy duos (for 5* essential nodes)

Options
GuntherBlobel
GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
Hey all, please post your favorite characters to tackle the 5* essential nodes. I like to play SCL9 but I don’t really have the 5* roster for this one node. The boosted 4* characters don’t always synergies enough to help.

So how about it? What 2 characters, unboosted, can reliably take on these nodes? Assume that the required 5* just brings match damage (no useful powers).

For example:

Vs Goons:
4* Wasp + 3* Falcon

These two can manage CD tiles until you can fire off Falcon’s Purple and Wasp’s Yellow. My 5* Daredevil just watched in awe as these two cleared the SCL9 5* node for him.

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    vs (non Caltrop Casting) Goons, I use 4-star Star Lord (5/5/3) and Scarlet Witch (3/5/5).  Use the purple to overwrite the countdown tiles, and SW's green to either destroy countdown tiles you can't overwrite due to a lack of purple (unlikely, but possible) or get red/purple AP.  Even without the 5-star, they will clear the node.  It's slow, but you'll very likely take almost no damage at all.  If you are fighting a Konran and at least one of his buddies, let his Black Arts tile resolve, as it will do a lot more damage to his teammate than your Star Lord's red will.

Vs Caltrop casting guys, I used 4-star Cage and either 3-star Strange or Quake.  If your Quake has more than 1 cover in her passive (mine is stuck at 8/1/6 forever. *sob*) she will help out considerably vs Caltrops, which is my least favorite enemy ability.  It still hurt, but the shields and healing from Strange helped mitigate the damage.
    4* Wasp + 3* Falcon

These two can manage CD tiles until you can fire off Falcon’s Purple and Wasp’s Yellow. My 5* Daredevil just watched in awe as these two cleared the SCL9 5* node for him.
    How did you manage to stop all three of the Shuriken tiles from going off with Falcon?
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    R4G+Gafoura
    Phoenix+Gambattery
    Strange+Thanos
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    sambrookjm said:

Vs Caltrop casting guys, I used 4-star Cage and either 3-star Strange or Quake.  If your Quake has more than 1 cover in her passive (mine is stuck at 8/1/6 forever. *sob
    4* Wasp + 3* Falcon

How did you manage to stop all three of the Shuriken tiles from going off with Falcon?
    Good point, that could make a game go south quickly. I guess I got lucky. When possible, I let Daredevil eat the Shuriken tiles and cheered everytime Redwing chose Meteor Hammer over Shruriken. Daredevil seemed to actually enjoy getting hit by them, so I didn’t feel too bad about it.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    R4G+Gafoura
    Phoenix+Gambattery
    Strange+Thanos
    R4G+Gafoura.  This.

Fast and efficient.  Gather Blue in case you need a quick stun.  Everything else is bonus.  Champed they are even better but even not champed you can skillfully maneuver.  Works on goons and chars alike so no thinking really needed.
  • j0nats
    j0nats Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    i was using cage (5 red) n gamora.   gamora to stun, and cage for 32k nuke.  also gamoras stun + gamora black to generate special tiles helped trigger gamora's insta kill passive.

(i did bring along GR TU to use after getting hit by meteor hammer)
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    vulture and cd.
    destroy specials with two colors, generate ap all over the place, stay airborne, true heal. 
    now give them a 5* to take cover behind... 
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4* Miles Morales (5/5/3) and 3* Spider-man (3/5/5).  With the massive number of web tiles they put into play, and Miles generating red, blue, and purple AP on all web tiles matched, you can pretty effectively stun lock one or more characters and Miles brings a huge hit with his purple attack or the option to match away the invisibility tile and go invisible again, creating still more webs.  The red AP gen is best used for the 5* if they have a use for it, but can be used for a little extra stun and damage with Miles if you don't quite have Spidey's next blue stun ready.  3* Spidey also brings halfway decent protect tiles to the table.  None of their skills consume web tiles, so the passive AP generation and/or damage on Miles purple can be really great.

3* IM40 and 4* Ironheart (5/5/3) is another great one.  Her blue is secretly one of the best skills in the game.

I'm becoming a huge fan of Nightcrawler and Professor X, however for the 5* essential node this only works if the 5* is strong in purple.

Loki and anyone with serious countdown tile abuse can also be fun against tile-moving enemies.  Especially Coulson or 4* Captain Marvel.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    vulture gamora.  they can take down even the biggest teams.  stuns and drops attacks/strikes each time adds up.  use vulture's green aoe.  

4carol, 4lord.  against goons.  countdowns boosting tiles.  use starlord purple at 5 to make 3 overwrite tiles.  i like to bring kingpin tu for the countdowns or nova for cheap strikes to boost
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Usually, the best solo boosted 4* and the most relevant battery (gambattery, IM40, vulture)
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,023 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vs goons

5* Gambit + Vulture
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    C&D/Vulture is my go-to team for goons.  Vulture does the real work, C&D just makes sure he never runs out of black.

IW/Vulture is another team I like for non-goons.  It’s basically invincible once you get invisible/airborne if you can avoid AoE attacks.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I liked the last fivestar essential node in Unstable ISO, the one with all goons.

I just put in Teen Jean (boosted) and my 0/0/2 fivestar Gambit. The result was pure assault and Gambattery, Jean just kept wiping out all the countdowns Before they could fire.

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have used BSS and vulture for the Dr Ock essential nodes. 

Gather 6 black, watch vulture go airborne to generate blue and green. use green to keep one enemy stun lock, and just repeat. 

it is awesome bwcause BSS will always be invisible and vulture air borne. Dr Ock? well he can just take the shots and die for all i care :P