What happened to tile destruction sounds?

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
Not the old ones. They still exist.

I'm asking more about why we have unique tile destruction sounds for Iron Man, Wolverine and I think Storm...but after that they stopped. It's only a handful of characters that have unique matching sound effects.

If it was something they wanted to keep doing, why didn't they? If it's something they didn't want to bother with, why keep the ones they had in the game instead of making them generic sounds like the others?

Also, inb4 "This game has sounds?"

Comments

• Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    I get what you're saying. I occasionally play with the "sound" on. But for the longest time now a lot of the game sounds are gone? Not functioning? Buggered? I don't know. Some were sweet though for the action part of playing. 
  • mikelnoe
    mikelnoe Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Wait...this game has sound?

Lol been 2 and half years since Ive heard it.

• madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor

Also, inb4 "This game has sounds?"
    NO FAIR!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    And then someone did it anyway =P
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, it's not just the sound but also the little attack animation next to the enemy portrait. Wolverine has these claw marks and Iron Man gets like energy blasts. I like it but I guess the devs decided early on that they didn't want to bother with that stuff. I think the only characters with these unique sounds/animations are all release-day characters.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Yeah, it's not just the sound but also the little attack animation next to the enemy portrait. Wolverine has these claw marks and Iron Man gets like energy blasts. I like it but I guess the devs decided early on that they didn't want to bother with that stuff. I think the only characters with these unique sounds/animations are all release-day characters.

Yeah, it does feel this way and its kind of a shame. I think it's a funky little addition. Iron Man's matches always sound a bit punchier than others.