Who were the original characters?

Options
Kahmon
Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
I've only been playing for about a year and a half now (resupply day 543) so MPQ had been around for about 2.5 years when I started.

In that time I've seen the number of 3*s go from 40 to 46, 4*s from mid-30s to 58, and 5*s from 6 to 20.

I know that the game added 4 & 5 star tiers after it's inception, but before that, individual 1, 2, and 3*s were still being added.

Does anyone have a list of who the original characters were on day 1? or a link to one?

I'm curious to see what the growth was like before I syarted playing.

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The above list gives you a good idea.

I vaguely remember downloading for Android at launch and IM40 was the first 'release' who wasn't initially available to me on that platform. I remember thinking he wasn't very good because his powers were too expensive. (His rebalance is probably the greatest turn-around for a character in the history of this game. He immediately went from worst-to-first.)
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks for the infos. I thought there would have been more of a character pool from the start, but it looks like it was just a few 1*s, 2* Thor, and 3* Loki. The first few months look flooded with new releases.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options

I Think there was a sizeable pool to begin with, the early releases in that list is not listed by order of release but when there was a thread created about the character in the Character Discussion forum.

My educated guess on who was in the game at the start:

*, Black Widow, Modern,

*, Hawkeye, Classic, 
    *, Iron Man, Model 35,

*, Venom, Dark Avengers Spider-Man, 
    *, Storm, Modern, 
    *, Juggernaut, Classic, 
    *, Yelena Belova, Dark Avengers Widow,

**, Spider-Man, Bag-Man, 
    **, Storm, Classic, 
    **, Wolverine, Astonishing X-Men, 
    **, Magneto, Marvel NOW!, 
    **, Bullseye, Dark Avengers Hawkeye, 
    **, Daken, Dark Avengers Wolverine, 
    **, Thor, Marvel NOW!,

***, Loki, Dark Reign,
    ***, Ragnarok, Dark Avengers Thor, 
    ***, Spider-Man, Classic, 
    ***, Hood, The, Classic, 
    ***, Magneto, Classic, 
    ***, Doctor Doom, Classic, 

***, Black Widow, Grey Suit, 

****, Wolverine, X-Force, 

This is mostly based on who was already in the game when I started playing in mid-November 2013 as well as an old announcement of a "Newcomers" Versus tournament that featured 2* Hawkeye, 2* Moonstone and 2* Captain America (and maybe a few more I don't remember off the top of my head), so I am reasonably sure they were later additions.

It's probably fair to assume that most characters that are featured in the prologue were playable (though maybe not complete) when the game was released.