Best Order to champ 4s

Options
shadowyoshi
shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
SO I have a bunch of 4* at 13 covers. Wondering what would be the best champ order. Full roster is in my sig. I currently have 24 4* Champs. I'm thinking right it should be like this (of course if I get characters like Vulture or C&D covered I will champ them ASAP):

Champ ASAP
1. Mockingbird - Still latest so higher priority
2. Riri - I'm sick of losing to champed Riris
3. Peggy - I've been fine without her so far even if she would be a huge help
4. Kate Bishop

Maybe Champ
5. Miles Morales
6. Winter Soldier
7. Thing
8. Elektra
9. Nick Fury
10. Spider Woman
11. Drax

Don't Care / Never a priority
12. Venom

Have I completely misjudged anyone enough to move them tiers? Any changes to my planned order?

Comments

• granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The tiers are okay. I'd shuffle some of the order, but it's personal preference. I'd move Riri above Mockingbird, because although Bobbi's pretty great, Riri is bonkers great.

Spiderwoman deserves to be higher on the list, and Drax may now that GotG boost exists for R&G strikes. Reworked Fury is possibly better than Elektra, although she's a pain in the tinykitty to fight. Thing is meh, except on certain teams. I just skipped a Thing, X-Pool, Vulture team in Sim because that's just nasty.

Venom sucks. Unless you mean Agent, who is awesome.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Your top 4 in ASAP is absolutely correct, though out of those I'd put Peggy at the top. She just makes life so much easier and paired with IM40 she'll tear up just about any team as soon as you get a recharge off. When I champed her I felt like my roster made significant progress by her presence alone. When she's boosted its downright scary.

Every word I said in the paragraph above also applies to Riri and I place her just a hair below Peggy, only because Peggy's stun is so devastating.

Of your next group, Nick Fury is suddenly interesting. I'm not saying his re-work put him in the upper tier of fours or anything, he'd have to lose the unreliable traps for that, but with a yellow battery like C&D Nick's yellow ability is positively unique in what it is capable of doing. I'm looking forward to the next time he's boosted.

I wish Electra and Bucky were better but I don't even use them when they're boosted. Electra's not bad, but she's too slow and no matter what she does - someone does it better. Bucky's just plain unreliable and expensive. His purple should be on a 3-star, not a 4-star.

Miles is okay. He needs someone to feed him purple because Surprise! will certainly deal a fair bit of damage, but it takes a lot of AP to pull off plus you need to cast his yellow. His red is a cheap nuke when he's boosted and that's about the only time I use him.

Drax needs some specific teammates, but when he's got them he really shines. Put him with Ant-Man and Carol, for example, and few will be able to stand against you.
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Sounds good. Thanks everyone.

Since I posted the list I managed to pull both a Mockingbird and a Riri from Heroics (currently hoarding Legendaries and CP until I move through some of this backlog) so those two will be first followed by Peggy.

Of course what I didn't mention is that I was gone for most of the vaulting period (work related) and therefore only have 8 covers on Medusa, 6 on Gamora and 6 on 4* Rocket and Groot making some things utterly miserable (I won 4 covers on Mordo's release and then the first month of vaulting when I was around was a completely uneven distribution where I drew 1 Mordo for every 2 other covers).. I also have a large lack of Cloak & Dagger covers but I did manages to finish Captain Marvel.

@granne I absolutely meant **** Venom. Agent Venom is awesome but mine is only 2/2/2 (though I did win his crash with that).

@Dormammu You're probably right with Peggy, especially with my IM40 at 264 (he will be my first to 266) but don't want to waste covers of the other two and I will be able to get them both done (2* farm is about to have some completes) before they expire.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Let me be the first to argue for Venom. You need him 3/5/5 tho. He is essential against 4* Cage, especially when Cage is boosted. He's also one of only a few that makes enemy tiles, so he works well with Medusa, 3* Hawkeye, Drax, or others that benefit from enemy specials. He's not great on his own, but pair him with strikes or attacks that trigger his passive every turn and he becomes very useful. I use him with Mockingbird since her increased match damage is usually enough to spam enemy protects.

I would drop Kate to the lower tier, put Venom at #6 and change the 3rd tier to "If I have to".  That tier would start at Thing.