Friendly reminder on "Friends From work" token pulls.. They don't exchange Strange or Banner.

whitecat31
whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor

This is just a friendly reminder on the "Friends From work" token pulls.  If you have a 5 covers in a non championed five star doctor strange or 5 star Banner, customer service will NOT exchange a 6th cover for you to another color if you pull one.  

So if you have either or both of these situations, chances are Friends From work is not the best buy, and you should wait for Thor to get into the Latest Legends, before trying to get him.  If you are being friendly, you might want to tell your friends.

They will only exchange Thor covers.

Comments

• jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, I invested in over a dozen pulls and didn't get a single 5*, so I'm done with those tokens.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    That stinks. My 5trange is at 4/1/4. If they were doing exchanges for him, I'd probably burn through my hoard.

Instead, I'll keep hoping for something like cosmic legends to come around.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,583 Chairperson of the Boards
    jackstar0 said:
    Well, I invested in over a dozen pulls and didn't get a single 5*, so I'm done with those tokens.

The chances of pulling a 5* from these tokens is no higher than any other.  Going a dozen pulls without getting a 5* happens all the time.  I think my record of number of pulls without a 5* is in the low 30s.  It is incredibly demoralizing, but it does happen.

Pull them if they're valuable to you, don't if they're not.  Unless you need something specific (e.g. one more non-yellow token to finish Dr. Strange,) Latest is almost always better than the event tokens - at least with Latest you'll build up the three newest and have a chance with CS swaps...

• Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kahmon said:
    That stinks. My 5trange is at 4/1/4. If they were doing exchanges for him, I'd probably burn through my hoard.

Instead, I'll keep hoping for something like cosmic legends to come around.
    How much cp do you have saved up? If you want to finish strange, this may be the best option since he is 5%. It want get any better than this. You just need enough cp to beat RNG with hundreds of pulls. With ~300 pulls, you should complete Thor, Banner and as long as you get at least 2 strange purple, you should have him covered too. 
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Just a little over 1200. Not enough to feel safe with.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was really looking forward to this store, but they gip us on no free tokens.  Mega-lame.