AI Using Abilities w/o Enough AP

Options
HootieMac
HootieMac Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
At least twice now, I have noticed the AI using abilities without having the correct amount of AP, greatly swaying the match. The first time it was OBW using her heal ability with only 5 blue AP. Today it was Thor using Call the Storm with only 9 green AP (it cost him 8, as he had 1 left after.) Anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Were they higher than regular level? Like a level 100+ 2* Thor? The game does some weirdness with abilities when they scale characters above their normal level limits.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Also did it happen in a "chain", where they could have gotten the AP from a different move or combo? I noticed the AI links its powers so fast it doesn't stop to update the totals before they fire the next power.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Or maybe there were goons in the enemy team, who generate AP spontaneously each turn?
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Were they higher than regular level? Like a level 100+ 2* Thor? The game does some weirdness with abilities when they scale characters above their normal level limits.
    Thor has the same AP costs at all levels. It must be cascade AP or goons feeding AP.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've seen this happen numerous times. Especially in the hunt.

Ares: would fire yellow or green before having the ap. I know because I constantly watch their ap.

Thor: had him do call of storm without enough ap, and not enough red/yellow...but would follow up call of storm with red, which puts yellow in just the right spot, which gives him yellow.

OBW: seen her do multiple steals back to back, even though I had no purple, and she didn't have enough for 2 back to back.

Just earlier in an LR, I took a few turns, then checked their ap, it wasn't enough to fire any power. So I made one more move to get more red I needed. On their turn, she fired and stole ap. No big deal, but before that, they had 4 green. Yet, as soon as she's done, call to storm. I know OBW can't possibly steal 10 AP of any color.

and no, it wasn't in the hood event, so he wouldn't have been there to double steal.

kind of on subject, saw the craziest thing happen...but as I was watching the better half play. She started a match, took one turn, that's it. Their first move was OBW getting a three match purple, which started a cascade. It went on for literally 3-4 minutes. I know, sounds nuts. But I watched the fire ability, after ability, again and again, with a non stop cascade. Completely downed her team, but took its time. So, one move, 3 minute cascade (that still wasn't over once they were downed).

I've seen some messed up cascades, but the one she got took the cake as the weirdest one I've ever seen.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Enemy AP doesn't update during cascades, unfortunately. In my experience, though, enemy never fired an ability without having enough AP. After a cascade they usually allow the player to take a turn - you can look at their AP at that time, and next turn they will sure drown the player in abilities.