What's your favorite node in Lightning rounds?

Options
Starfury
Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
edited November 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
And Now for Something Completely Different... (if not to say irrelevant)

Which node do you play through the seed teams in?

What's your favorite node in Lightning rounds? 47 votes

34%
ContinuedClockchris0001frachralaethjcarrey4Blindman13beyonderbubOrion[Deleted User]shadowyoshiMETT-T dependentcrackninjaAvalancherTPF AlexisNotBAMFmadoctor 16 votes
Bottom Left
19%
Coppselvy75GrumpySmurf1002steakleatherpheregasdave7099evariste_tacoDesertTortoisehunky_funky 9 votes
Bottom Right
25%
StarfuryKolenceLegallyUndeadabmorazXBonesXStax the FoyerDaichesMoosePrimeevade420mahman10SkadenFrudeemoster 12 votes
No Preference
21%
QuebbsterrixmithGrimSkalddstannCosmicWolfCalnexinJaedenkaal[Deleted User]ABaker84Kahmon 10 votes

Comments

• Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bottom Right
    For me it's the one on the bottom right, because it feels closest to the FIGHT button.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No Preference
    I rotate through them.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I rotate around. For some reason, it seems I end up with more seed teams if I do that. It's probably just my quirk.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Since they run them on a tinykitty schedule none of the above...
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Top. So they know who's REALLY tops 'round these parts.
  • ProfessorGumby
    ProfessorGumby Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Other. Standard LRs, I hit the seed with the highest number of combined levels each time, leaving the loaner/2/1 and loaner/1/1 until the end... seems to keep me mid-pack (and less likely to get hit) until all the seed teams are gone.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Whatever node has seed teams.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No Preference
    I rotate around. For some reason, it seems I end up with more seed teams if I do that. It's probably just my quirk.

Actually, I'm 90% sure at this point that you do.  If you keep hitting the same node you will usually end up with a score of 229.  If you rotate the nodes (or possibly vary it a little bit, I haven't done extensive experimentation,) you will almost always end up with a score of 245 - one more hit.

I tinykitty you not..  I used to always hit the top node, then I stumbled on this and discovered that I can get an extra fight if I rotate.  And I was doing the former for years.

• beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm always on top
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The real question for the rotaters is where do you start and do you go clockwise or counterclockwise?
  • Quebbster
    Options
    No Preference
    The real question for the rotaters is where do you start and do you go clockwise or counterclockwise?

Start at the top, rotate clockwise. Is there any other way to do it?
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Bottom Left
    Bottom left is my favorite, though not the one I start with.  I play with my left hand, so I hit the lower left with my thumb and its easier.  So I usually start with one of the others (usually the highest leveled team) and play that one and keep playing it until A) its a broken rewards node and I farm that node for 250iso until I run out of seeds, or b) my favorite seed team shows up.  Then I'll switch to the bottom left and beat that mule.

Once seeds are gone, I return to my saved favorite node and put out my trap cake.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bottom Left
    Bottom left is closest to the skip/fight buttons, so that's where I hit, PvP or LR.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No Preference
    Whichever one B4con_m4gic is in.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bottom Right
    Bottom right. I use my right hand index finger for tapping most of the time and it's the closest one.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No Preference
    Quebbster said:

Start at the top, rotate clockwise. Is there any other way to do it?
    That's how I do it. :)  Hmm, I wonder if can get the magical 260 by going the other way!
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    No Preference
    I hit the lowest level team that is available. 
  • Quebbster
    Options
    No Preference
    OJSP said:
    GrimSkald said:
    That's how I do it. :)  Hmm, I wonder if can get the magical 260 by going the other way!
    I go top and counter clockwise. Got 260 several times, but I think it has more to do with which team we have in the cache. If we clear them in the wrong order, then we get one or two less seed teams.
    Note to self: Try it this way.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    OJSP said:
    GrimSkald said:
    I go top and counter clockwise. Got 260 several times, but I think it has more to do with which team we have in the cache. If we clear them in the wrong order, then we get one or two less seed teams.
    Correct - if the next name in the cache is already out, it gets skipped :(