Questions about "Court Death"

Beer40
Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
I've got a 2/2/2 level 255 5* Thanos. I've also got a level 266 max champ 3* Thanos. This week the 3* is boosted and his black power is hitting quite hard. 

At what point does 5* Thanos black power start hitting like boosted max champ 3* Thanos? If anyone knows specific level range that would be helpful. Also, if its a ballpark estimate, can I level my 5* Thanos to hit that hard? If I can't, how many more covers do I need? Do I need them specifically in black?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Levels matter a lot more than covers on 5* characters. You'd see a big difference between 1 and 5, obviously, but between 2 and 3 it wouldn't be enough to matter most of the time. Also, like every other star level, the first third or so of their leveling track barely does anything except give them more health.

My experience has been that damage starts to take off around 360. You should also be able to get him there without messing up your MMR much, if that's a concern.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    My Thano5 is 3/4/2, level 256 (I gave him 1 level to make him quicker to find), and his Court Death hits enemies for 3205 and allies for 1115.  That's not a ton, but it has its uses.
    When paired with 4* RnG in PvE they take out the easy nodes in a single turn. In PvP they do the same with seed teams (maybe a second turn to finish off the loaner, if I don't get a cascade).
    If I had 5 black covers, his damage would be 3484 and 864. This supports what @Jarvind was saying about levels mattering more than covers.

• poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    My 5*Thanos is lvl 405 and his black hits 9672 at 5 black covers (and 7583 at 2 covers). Max champed and boosted 3*Thanos hits 8653 dmg.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Although, 5* Infinite Power is a significant improvement, for the most part.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was watching for this point recently when I was leveling my Thano5. At L304 Thano5 (with 5 covers in black) surpassed my L205 3* Thanos. 
  • steakleather
    steakleather Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    My experience has been that damage starts to take off around 360. You should also be able to get him there without messing up your MMR much, if that's a concern.
    I've got my 5*s soft-capped at 330 but am thinking about moving that up to 360. I'm really scared I'll start seeing nothing but 5*s in PVP though.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've got my 5*s soft-capped at 330 but am thinking about moving that up to 360. I'm really scared I'll start seeing nothing but 5*s in PVP though.
    You shouldn't. I had a few 5s softcapped at 350-360 for a while and the only 5s I saw were underleveled enough to not be very threatening.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Over last week I’ve moved my Thano5 to 360 and my BP to 352 on his way to 360. No change so far to MMR. I still have about 5 characters on average leveling higher than them in the 360-380 range. If you’ve got enough 4*s boosted over you have nothing to worry about. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mmr is mostly about your top 3 characters in an event.  If you have lots of 4* champs, then yoi likely have 2+ boosted 4*s each week and the top characters on your roster for mmr purposes are already 370+.  If so, then leveling your 5*s to thaat range will have little effect on mmr.