5* enemy gambit not firing red power

This has happened to me around 8 times so far this current PVP

I run Gambit starlord 4* and cyclops
Enemy is usually Gambit Blackbolt or Gambit RIRI

Enemy red ap will go well over 20 red and randomly gambit will start using his red power. He uses his purple power once he gets over 11 though. 

This has only happened when I have starlord on my team though

Comments

• Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    When the AI has two abilities in the same color it will do a coin flip to decide which to use. When Gambit is in the mix, if the other team-mate wins the coin flip, then nothing will happen because they can't use their ability.
    This was supposedly fixed in R138:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/68332/r138-release-notes-10-23-17/p1 
    I assume you are on the latest release, so maybe the fix didn't take?  Or maybe Starlord cancels the fix in some way?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does this happen only when Starlord has his yellow countdown out, lowering AP costs?  The lowered cost might be breaking whatever custom logic has to keep Gambit firing his power.

Man, I hate this passive.  It's both unbalanced and bug-inducing.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    This still isn't fixed
    Just fought a champ Gambit/Thor team and gambit NEVER used red leaving 28 red for Thor to dispose of once gambit was down
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can confirm this bug has not been addressed. It's a godsend when there are charged tiles, but without them, you have to wait forever for AI to cast red first.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Can we confirm is this intended behaviour or not? Like mentioned above, it's different to R138's description.
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone,

Here are the Release Notes for the R138 update:

MPQ 138!
    New Thor Ragnarok character and events!

What's Changed:
    • Tapping on a token in a store offerings, Heroes for Hire offer, Champion Rewards, or other places in the game will display the contents of that pack.
    • Gambit will always fire his powers if he has teammates that shares the same colors as him.
    I was just fighting Gambit Thor Thanos in SHIELD Sim and Gambit kept storing his Red AP until their team got 30 AP. So, whatever calculation the AI does still occur when deciding whether or not to fire a power.

I know the AI has a 50/50 chance of using a power if they have enough AP and it's related to the damage output of the powers and which of our character is at the front. But, to me it seems like they were purposefully waiting until Gambit was downed, so Thor could use Asgardian Tactics on my team. It's almost as if they knew (or calculated) that one hit with Asgardian Tactics would down one of my characters and trigger Court Death, then win the match.

That's one big Thor you were fighting.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Last we knew for certain (explained years ago by IceIX, I think), damage of powers wasn't taken into account at all, and it would generally prefer more expensive powers with a check if it had enough AP to fire power A but not power B, that random check weighted by how close it is to the necessary AP for the more expensive skill.  With red skills at similar but not identical costs (7 and 9 in the case of Gambit and Thor), it is extremely unlikely to fire the cheaper one until the more expensive power's owner is taken out of play.  If they're further apart, the AI has a greater chance of firing the cheap one sometimes.

When Gambit's powers were revealed, I expected this to be a problem, or to come with a stealth change to AI power selection.  Once again, Gambit ruins everything.