Boosted character info pages show level as unboosted, stats/powers as boosted

CNash
CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
1. Enter an active event (for example Cyclops' Versus event "Eye for an Eye")
2. Select one of the battle nodes, then select "Fight"
3. On the character select screen, place a boosted character into one of the three slots.
4. With that character selected, press the Info button.
5. Observe that the info pages show the character's unboosted level, but their boosted stats. This applies to their health, match damage and powers.

Here is Cyclops viewed from inside his PVP event:

And here he is viewed from my normal roster outside of the event screen:

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah it's a good thing, too, or I could never fill in my spreadsheet of boosted character damage at each cover level :)

I think they have to show the unboosted level here, because you can also level them up from here, which does in some cases cause your boosted level to increase by more than 1. I agree it would be nice if they showed your boosted level on here somewhere ("Boosted to 353" under the big level number, maybe) but that's much more a feature than a bug.

• CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    You may be right. I didn't consider that particular use case - that you can level up on that screen.

I ran into confusion when comparing power damage on a boosted character, you see. To me it looked like the game was telling me that The Hood's Twin Pistols deals 425 damage per tile at level 204, which was (naturally) the same as what the game was telling me in a match when I knew he was boosted to 294. I only realised that it was telling me the boosted value on this screen when I checked outside of the event - it's actually 344 damage per tile unboosted. It's harder to spot this as the damage for Twin Pistols is always shown as a total - 425 x 18 - so it's harder to directly see the damage.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would be nice if the boosted values were highlighted or something to show they weren't at base values...