I have 21 unchamped 4s. How would you rank them?

Daredevil217
Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
Just curious how you would rank the 21 characters I’ve yet to champ. Here’s my ranking knowing essentially nothing about the characters other than what I read here and there. Would you put some higher?  Some lower?
  1. Rogue
  2. Gamora
  3. Moon Knight
  4. Mockingbird
  5. Quake
  6. Kate Bishop
  7. Nightcrawler
  8. Thor
  9. Professor X
  10. Mr. Fantastic
  11. Invisible Woman
  12. Spider-Gwen
  13. Nick Fury
  14. Lockjaw
  15. Yondu
  16. Venom (Eddie Brock)
  17. Ghost Rider
  18. Howard the Duck
  19. Kingpin
  20. Thing
  21. Sandman
As a bonus, here’s how I rank the 37 I have Champed. I think my ranking is VERY solid with the exception of Spider-Woman, Elektra, Dino and Cyclops who I have yet to try boosted as they are newer champs.
  1. Captain Marvel
  2. Vulture
  3. Iceman
  4. Peggy Carter
  5. Medusa
  6. Rocket and Groot
  7. Red Hulk
  8. Blade
  9. Cloak and Dagger
  10. Riri Williams
  11. Cyclops
  12. Punisher
  13. Wasp
  14. Nova
  15. Star-Lord
  16. Jean Grey
  17. Iron Fist
  18. Agent Coulson
  19. Mordo
  20. Iron Man
  21. Carnage
  22. Luke Cage
  23. X-23
  24. Gwenpool
  25. Agent Venom
  26. Ant-Man
  27. Deadpool
  28. Miles Morales
  29. Winter Soldier
  30. Spider-Woman
  31. The Hulk
  32. War Machine
  33. Elektra
  34. Drax
  35. Wolverine
  36. Falcon
  37. Devil Dinosaur

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Shocked to seeing Yondu that high and Rogue that low!

Interesting!
  • Daredevil217
    edited October 2017
    Hmm... assuming I get a lucky flip and place well in PVE, Gamora is likely to be my next champ as she’s currently at 11 covers. After her, maybe I should focus on MBird instead of Rogue?  She’s a very favorable 4/4/4 and Rogue is 3/3/3 (really lucky I know!)

Youndu seems weak to me to be rated so high.  Seems like he has one good power that is only good on offense. On defense, just put him in front and smack him hard to stop the costly arrow.  Blade seems way better.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Trying to rank 4-stars in specific order is pretty hard for me because they all have their uses and the whole thing is so subjective. Just look at Rogue - one person lists her first, another puts her closer to the bottom.

Look at Gamora and Thing - the OPer lists one at the top, the other at the bottom. I think they're comparable as characters; neither one is that great, but put them on the right team and they can shine (in their case either with or against Grocket).

I determine a character's usefulness by how many teams they work well on, or how flexible they are. Carol and Medusa are perfect examples of high-priority 4-stars because of how well they play with everyone. Mr. F and Thing are examples of low-priority 4-stars, because their team roles are more limited. But at the same time, if you have Medusa and Carnage both champed then Mr. F suddenly starts to look a lot more attractive as someone to champ as well. Should that bump him up the list? Maybe my list, but not yours. Subjective.
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    My 2 cents: You already have 37 champed 4* which I consider that a solid roster. I would try to add more high level 4* into your roster, hence I recommend champing those still have 3x odd first ( working from the one that is leaving the pack last, aka, Rouge -> LJ -> Yondu -> etc)

Each champ level means a lot to 4*. They gain a lot of fire power from it. I would prioritize those first. My ranking below would be completely different if you were a transitioner or early 4* roster (~10 champed)

High: Still in the latest (i.e. you will draw them more than the rests, statistically) (Not sure about the exact release order, but you get an idea)
    1. Nightcrawler (will hit latest soon)
    2. Rogue
    3. Yondu
    4. Lockjaw
    5. Mockingbird
    6. Sandman
    7. Gamora

Middle: Good to have, but already in vintage.
    1. Thing - Hard counter to 4*RnG+GoG at the moment
    2. Mr.F
    3. Kate
    4. Moonknight
    5. Thor
    6. Quake
    Low: Maybe later
    1. Spider-Gwen - Unless you want to run her with gambit
    2. PX
    3. IW
    4. Venom
    5. Ghost Rider
    6. Fury
    7. Kingpin
    8. Howard

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    I'll refrain from doing a ranked list, at the risk of accidentally contradicting the handy post I maintain about this very subject.

I will note the following:

- Kate is a damage engine. Her blue and black both do crazy damage, and purple is pretty neat even at 3 covers. Black's backlash is also pretty minor at 5 covers. I love her. The heal prevention is admittedly mostly useless, though.

- Same for Moon Knight. You need to be careful with green since it's random targets, but it hits SO HARD. And his black lets you save some health packs on a long grind.

- Thor is awesome with IM40. Without him, she's so-so.

- Lots of people sleep on Spidergwen, but she hits like a 747 with her red. If you're the kinda guy that doesn't mind maintaining a 0/0/5 Gambit, hoooooo buddy. That's some beast mode right there, at least in PVE.

- I'd personally discount Howard as a serious contender just because he's so rarely available. His purple is pretty good, but his other powers are extraordinarily bleh IMO.

- Ghost Rider isn't really a frontline guy, but he's phenomenal against 5*s. Kill their allies first and let them build up some match damage against you, then unleash black and explode them in one shot. Especially viable since the cost was reduced in his rework. Also great for boss fights.

- It's easy to overlook Invisible Woman because she's so old, but she's actually pretty good now. Her green hits hard, and blue/yellow provide good utility. And invisible characters are always good for those obnoxious rally wins.

- Thing is pretty lackluster these days, but he does provide a hard counter to the rampant R&G/Gamora teams you're no doubt seeing in the Simulator.

• Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    I think your list is about right. We are quite similar in overall roster development (I think we have been at a similar pace for many months). 
    Here are the few I would nudge up or down along the list:
    - Mockingbird up to #3 behind Gamora
    - I love Moon Knight and I'm a bigger fan of Quake than others, but put Kate ahead of 1 or both of these two 
    - I'm tempted to vote Nightcrawler down below Thoress, but I think NC needs more time for a fair evaluation
    - Invisible Woman ahead of Mr. Fantastic
    - Yondu above Lockjaw (I have LJ at 13 covers and Yondu champed, but I think consensus will agree here)

Good luck!!
  • Daredevil217
    Out of boredom I’ve decided to update my lists as I have Champed Gamora, Moon Knight, Mockingbird, Professor X, Nick Fury, Kate Bishop and Lockjaw. And within the next ten days am set to champ Rogue, Sandman, Nightcrawler and Yondu. And of course new characters have dropped over the past two months. Wow, I champed a lot in two months!  I’ll put an asterisk next to my champs (or soon to be champs) I haven’t really had a chance to play with yet.  Their inclusion on the list is more based on my on paper impressions and others opinions (as are all of my “left to champ” rankings)

Left to champ ranking:
    1. Nico Minoru
    2. Quake
    3. Thor
    4. America Chavez
    5. Mr. Fantastic
    6. Invisible Woman
    7. Spider-Gwen
    8. Venom (E.B.)
    9. Ghost Rider
    10. Howard the Duck
    11. The Hulk (M.E.)
    12. Thing
    13. Kingpin

My champ ranking:
    1. Captain Marvel
    2. Vulture
    3. Iceman
    4. Peggy Carter
    5. Medusa
    6. Rocket & Groot
    7. Red Hulk
    8. Rogue**
    9. Blade
    10. Cloak & Dagger
    11. Riri Williams
    12. Cyclops
    13. Gamora
    14. Nova
    15. Jean Grey
    16. Star-Lord
    17. Mockingbird**
    18. Moon Knight
    19. Wasp
    20. Iron Fist
    21. Agent Coulson
    22. Mordo
    23. The Punisher
    24. Kate Bishop**
    25. Venom (A.V.)
    26. Iron Man
    27. Carnage
    28. Luke Cage
    29. X-23
    30. Professor X
    31. Gwenpool
    32. Yondu**
    33. Nightcrawler**
    34. Deadpool
    35. Ant-Man
    36. Nick Fury
    37. Miles Morales
    38. Winter Soldier
    39. Spider-Woman
    40. The Hulk (T.A.)
    41. War Machine
    42. Elektra
    43. Wolverine
    44. Drax
    45. Sam Wilson
    46. Sandman**
    47. Lockjaw**
    48. Devil Dinosaur**
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    While the massive dilution of 4*s makes it hard to get too excited about new ones anymore, I do predict Nico will be a straight beast with any reliable tile creator.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jarvind said:
    While the massive dilution of 4*s makes it hard to get too excited about new ones anymore, I do predict Nico will be a straight beast with any reliable tile creator.
    America Chavez is looking very promising too with all those crit tiles.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    Jarvind said:
    America Chavez is looking very promising too with all those crit tiles.
    Bl4de, America, Nico Sim?