MtGPQ Sneak Peek: November 2017 Edition *Updated (11/23/17)

Options
13»

Comments

• blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i think Brigby is gone for the Thanksgiving weekend. see his announcement in the announcement subforum. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(11/23/17) Brigby - Updated Single-Player and Multiplayer events

@blacklotus I'll still be here occasionally. Just not when the Thanksgiving feast is ready :p
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby: I'm very disappointed nothing has been done to change the double weekend coalition events. This is the third time in a row while being informed almost two weeks ago. I'm not going to mess up my weekend and sleep again over these two events.
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Machine said:
    @Brigby: I'm very disappointed nothing has been done to change the double weekend coalition events. This is the third time in a row while being informed almost two weeks ago. I'm not going to mess up my weekend and sleep again over these two events.
    They didn't say they would change it, did they? If they said so, sorry.. i missed it.

I mean, some people like it, some people don't... I don't think it's like a general problem for everyone that would make them change the schedule of events...
  • Brigby
    Options
    Coilbox said:
    Machine said:
    Brigby: I'm very disappointed nothing has been done to change the double weekend coalition events. This is the third time in a row while being informed almost two weeks ago. I'm not going to mess up my weekend and sleep again over these two events.
    They didn't say they would change it, did they? If they said so, sorry.. i missed it.

I mean, some people like it, some people don't... I don't think it's like a general problem for everyone that would make them change the schedule of events...
    It's something the team is currently aware of, but since they've been rather busy with the next major release, it hasn't been something they were able to immediately address. Having said that though, as evident in the recent Q&A, they are in fact looking to make adjustments to the event schedule, based on community feedback.

I'm not aware of exactly when those adjustments will be made, however you can always keep an eye on our Sneak Peek thread in the Events section, if you'd like to stay updated on any changes to the schedule.
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Coilbox said:
    Machine said:
    Brigby: I'm very disappointed nothing has been done to change the double weekend coalition events. This is the third time in a row while being informed almost two weeks ago. I'm not going to mess up my weekend and sleep again over these two events.

It's something the team is currently aware of, but since they've been rather busy with the next major release, it hasn't been something they were able to immediately address. Having said that though, as evident in the recent Q&A, they are in fact looking to make adjustments to the event schedule, based on community feedback.

I'm not aware of exactly when those adjustments will be made, however you can always keep an eye on our Sneak Peek thread in the Events section, if you'd like to stay updated on any changes to the schedule.
    I bet you, when these changes will me done... (if they will ofc) and you spread the coallition events over the week people will be complaining about having to come over the week when they are working and dont have much spare time and keep catching up for not letting their coallition friends down... 

In my opinion, leaving most of the coallition events over the weekend (which, in general, is when people have more free time to compete) even if they are 2 or more at the same time works just fine... In any case, and as it's been said a thousand times, the only ones pushing themselves to play are the people themselves. It's no one else's fault.

• Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Coilbox With time things are more complicated than that, some people work weekends, we _absolutely_ have people from all over the world playing with different timezones even apart from people having night shifts and things. This is a game that is portable and gets "fit in" by people, so there are other things going on too.
    Personally I get guaranteed playtime on public transport while travelling to and from work, but the weekends... Some weekends I have heaps of spare time, others I have none.

There _aren't_ answers that just work. Reducing time pressure so people can play when they can fit it in is the best option.
    Some people think you can do this by allowing all nodes at the start but that actually causes a different problem in different people, some people will binge and do them all and then complain _again_ about having nothing to do, while others will put them off and complain that they couldn't finish them all at the end.

_Small_ changes sound good, like the biggest pain that most people can agree on is having the "last recharge" be a specific narrow band of time, so you have to play it in that "6" or whatever hour period or you lost it, just relaxing that one point of pressure would help..

As for this week... Oath of the Gatewatch was a _great_ addition because you could play bits and pieces whenever you wanted, but you couldn't just romp it in, you actually had to redo things and think about it because you needed contradictory results to get all the rewards. not that I want everything like that of course, but _lots_ of different options are needed to cover all the different requirements people have.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby will we see anything about December soon?
  • Brigby
    Options
    Brigby will we see anything about December soon?
    Yup! I'm making that discussion thread right now
  • Quadro
    Quadro Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    @Brigby will there be a release of ixalan anytime soon? Since it launched in September and rivals of ixalan isn’t that far away we still have HOD as the “newest” set. I’m very disappointed