MMR bites BL4CKH4M

Doc L
Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
In the midst of many very serious discussions, and in reference to a thread I read several years ago now, I think we should all pause to feel bad for some of the PvP’s worst rosters - B4ACON_MAGIC, kicksthatkick, LokivsLeah, BL4CKH4M - in this set of constant LRs, they are getting hammered every round by dozens of people. Why are they being targeted by rosters from 1* through to 5*? There’s no way they can retaliate, and it’s no wonder they have such poor scores at the end, given how many hits they take. It must be pretty depressing for them. Their MMR is so knackered it’s unreal.

I can only imagine what they think when they see people with 100, 200 roster slots, and they only seem to have 2 or 3 each. Someday, they’ll make it... Someday...

//Edited Title and Removed In-Game Names -Brigby
//Just Kidding. It's April Fool's Day Today, Right? /sarcasm -Brigby

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Jarvind said:
    too_many_pants can go away, though.

//Removed In-Game Name and Insult -Brigby
    //Just Kidding. It's April Fool's Day Today, Right? /sarcasm -Brigby
    Not to be a jerk, but I hate that guy. Always gives me trouble.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    that sorry feelings go away.  when the game crashes during seeds, lmao
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    At least you only have to deal with them in-game.  [Redacted] keeps applying, and we keep turning him down.  You may wanna be us, but we don't want you. 

If they do it one more time, I swear I'm going to [redacted] a [redacted] right up their [redacted] and [redaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacted].
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,737 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a joke thread, right?  I assume you posted names of the seed teams...
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Played some rounds of Thor pvp this morning. Grab some quick and easy wins I thought. Me, Thanos and my Panther. In back to back fights the loaner Thor beat the living hell out of my Panther. Level 100 Thor vs level 255 Panther. Straight whooped him. Match five. Critical. "Dude." Match five. Critical. "What the hell." Match five. Critical. Critical. "DUDE." Thunder storm. "What is going on?" Thunder  storm. "ANOTHER? HOW THE HELL ARE YOU GONNA FIRE TWO ALMOST BACK TO BACK LIKE REALLY?" Match five. Critical. Finally was able to kill him off. Ok fluke match. Panther is halfway dead but it's cool. He'll only take damage from Thanos in the next one. Round two, fool, bring it. Match five. Critical.... "NOOOOOO not again." Just hammering, pun intended, away on Panther like he stole something. Two matches. Panther got down to like 1k health after two damn seed matches. 
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    bluewolf said:
    This is a joke thread, right?  I assume you posted names of the seed teams...
    It was but Brigby removed the names as I named ign, so now it is all redacted seed team names and makes almost no sense I think...
  • ProfessorGumby
    ProfessorGumby Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby ... a bit quick on the redaction there... this was a tongue-in-cheek post about the seed teams and was using those "standard" MPQ seed team names.

I guess if you played LRs, or PvPs from the start, or had participated in the SAKAAR event, that would've been more obvious.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Wait.. did Brigby edit the seed teams names? As part of the joke? I hope? 

Thing is now the OP won't make any sense. So I'm thinking he's not in on the joke.

This has to be the funniest thing on the forum.. 
  • Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Please don't use seed team names, the devs will get upset if you bag on their fake players.
  • nonnel1
    nonnel1 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Wait.... Seed team names were redacted? Did too many pants get his knickers in a bunch?
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    nonnel1 said:
    Wait.... Seed team names were redacted? Did too many pants get his knickers in a bunch?
    Kicksthatkick was kicked around too many times.
  • Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    I wish Demiurge Will would get a -35 notification every time i hit a seed team. What DBizzle!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have occasionally thought about starting an alt account, called something like wannabeskull or LokivLeah, just one letter off from one of the seed teams, and just troll people who click through too fast in Lightning Rounds with a couple of 1* plus like a lvl300 required character.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have occasionally thought about starting an alt account, called something like wannabeskull or LokivLeah, just one letter off from one of the seed teams, and just troll people who click through too fast in Lightning Rounds with a couple of 1* plus like a lvl300 required character.
    Already been done.
    I'm sure. I didn't think I could have been the only one who thought of it.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    This is the kind of targeting that caused Battle Angel to stop competing in pvp (Battle Angel was one of the original seed teams years ago)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

I miss purty pair of hawkeyes.

Also, this reminds me of the old "meanwhile in the bot forum" thread. That was fun. I can only imagine how much complaining there is about this event over there...

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sooooo glad the priorities are straight here.   Can't even have fun with a seed team name, yet major issues go untouched.  Oh well.  
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    I for one find it quite funny that the names of the seeds are unknown to the community representative. 

Or sad.

one of the the two.

Either way you'll end up crying laughing.