Sakaar Arena- Boss Event? (Ragnarok spoilers)

thisone
thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
So, as usual they are being very tight lipped on the releases of Thor and Hulk.

Could it be that we will get a Civil War type event and Hulk and Thor will both be 5*?

What would you like to see? Buffed Thor, Hulk and Strange seem a good fit. But who would you like to see them face off against?

I reckon, Thor side v Hela and Hulk side v Surtur or Fenris would be all kinds of cool. 

What about a rerun of the event, would you like to see 4* Valkyrie, Loki or Heimdall? Or a left field pick? Warriors 3, perhaps?

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,737 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please, no dual 5* release. My DD only has 5 covers right now!  I need more time.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    No, according to the article, this pvp madness will be run 3 times first two offering tokens that offers a chance to get Thor. While the last run is tokens that offers a chance to get Hulk (main event). No idea if new hulk will be 4* or 5* but seeing how we already have a 5* hulk, and Thor is being run twice and hulk once, I think hulk may be a 4*. 
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 445 Mover and Shaker
    5* Hulk, 4* Heimdall or Loki. 3* Korg
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,605 Chairperson of the Boards
    A Civil War type event with both Thor and Hulk would have been interesting, but I don't think they would have run the current Sakaar Arena if that were the case. Because I think the boss event would have been Sakaar Arena, where one side you fight Thor, the other side you fight Hulk. Because that's the most interesting reason to split it into a Civil War style boss (rather than just running "Thor's Revengers vs Hela" as a single-boss Boss event).

I would like to presume a boss event for Thor (likely Apocalypse since he didn't get a second run), and then Hulk will be a 4* and have a normal release. 4* Loki might come out when the Ragnarok DVD comes out, or if we're exceptionally lucky, a 4* Valkyrie. Getting playable versions of Heimdall, Hela, or the Warriors Three is straight up wishful thinking, if you ask me. Desirable, sure, but not what I would expect given the general history of tie-in releases for this game.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    We got Sandman near Homecoming let's not forget, don't think it's wishful thinking to suggest anyone in the age of Spider-Gwen/Gwenpool. 

An event that pits you against Thor/Hulk is way too similar to Civil War. They don't tend to tread the same ground for boss events (some thing which they don't get a lot of credit for imo).

Maybe we won't see a boss event, but I honestly don't see any full brackets for LR from anyone I talk to . I bet the engagement is way less than a boss event would be. So I'm hoping we do see one.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,737 Chairperson of the Boards
    No boss event.  Just Enemy of the State.  I like the easy bracket for Sakaar that I have, but this is not as fun as a boss event for a new 5*.  It feels kind of lackluster to me.
  • Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    The Boss Event is the week of lighting rounds for your 1:1600 chance at Thor.