Autochoosing duplicate with higher level - remove it!

veny
veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
After every single PvE i need to manually search for my low level 0/0/5 Gambit only because his stronger version is automatically replacing him after each round.
Why does this annoying feature even exist??

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    It does it even if they're both the same level, too. It sucks during release events to realize that I've actually gone into a match with my 0/0/1 actual version of the character rather than the 1/1/1 loaner.

Seems to be working weirdly in Sakaar Arena, tho. It's defaulting to my 2* Thor, even tho the 3* is way, way higher level.
  • Infrared
    Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    This affects a growing number of people as more players who have max champed characters roster duplicates. The duplicate character not only may have a different configuration of powers, the difference in strongest colour also makes or breaks certain team combinations. And sometimes, we prefer to use the lower level version on the easier fights. Being forced to scroll through many pages of characters to reselect the character every time is annoying.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Seems to be working weirdly in Sakaar Arena, tho. It's defaulting to my 2* Thor, even tho the 3* is way, way higher level.
    2* Thor is a loaner for Sakaar Arena, so it will always default to that over the 3* or 4* versions.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    2* Thor is a loaner for Sakaar Arena, so it will always default to that over the 3* or 4* versions.
    It's offering me a 3* Thor loaner. That's why it confused me that it was picking my 2* Thor instead.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    It's offering me a 3* Thor loaner. That's why it confused me that it was picking my 2* Thor instead.
    You're right, it is a 3* loaner.  Mine keeps defaulting to the 2* as well, that's why I thought it was a 2* loaner.
  • y4747
    y4747 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    very simple solution - just have the game automatically select the most recently used of the available options for that character. don't know how hard it is to code, but you'll only have to select them once.
  • y4747
    y4747 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    very true, but probably much more coding investment
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    Yes please. Have it default to the previously selected version of the character. Auto selecting the highest level version every time is just not intuitive. This issue pops up a lot when I want to use the loaner character in PVP.