All good things come to an end or How I dropped my legendary hoard

Options
Black Duke
Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
edited October 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Well, after long ten months of hoarding I finally decided to pull my hoarded legendary tokens.
Now I want to tell you how my big pulling session has turned out.

Initial position:
2.26 million ISO-8, 286 LTs, 3610 CP

My goals:
To champion all three latest 5* characters, Spider-Man, Daredevil (bot not recruited yet) and Gambit (0/0/1). Furthermore I want to finish my Silver Surfer (2/5/4) via bonus covers and to champion Rogue (3/4/3).

4* pulls:

Agent Coulson pyuuupupuupuyu
Ant-Man p
Blade grb
Captain Marvel gyb
Carnage rrr
Cloak & Dagger bypbpbyyppp
Cyclops yyrr
Deadpool prp
Drax pr
Elektra br
Gamora rurrrururubuu
Ghost Rider rgrr
Gwenpool pbbbbb
Iceman upuu
Invisble Woman ygy
Iron Fist gbuggbg
Iron Man br
Jean Grey ugp
Kate Bishop bbpp
Kingpin yb
Lockjaw yuugyuy
Luke Cage byb
Medusa pp
Miles Morales yr
Mockingbird yyyrryprpr
Moon Knight bg
Mordo bupubbbpuupuub
Mr. Fantastic byub
Nick Fury pyyu
Nova yyb
Peggy Carter u
Professor X uyp
Quake gyy
Red Hulk grp
Riri Williams guu
Rocket & Groot yyggugyyyyyyu
Rogue rYGggYgGrryry
Sam Wilson u
Spider-Gwen yrppy
Spider-Woman ppbrbbr
Star-Lord rrpprr
The Hulk gugu
The Punisher ubuubu
The Thing rryr
Thor uyuu
Venom gygyybyyy
Agent Venom rby
Vulture bubgggubb
Wasp by
Winter Soldier uu
Wolverine gbby
Yondu uyyybbubuuyyb

5* pulls:

Daredevil yggyppgygppgypppyp
Gambit bbrprrpbbbrr
Spider-Man grurgrruugurguuur

Silver Surver BBU

Statistics:
  • Out of 313 pulls I got 50 5* covers = 15.97% (slighty above average)
  • Furthermore I got 7 bonus covers = 2.23% (slighty below average)

Results:                                                                                                                                                                                              

I´m fairly happy with my 313 pulls since I didn´t have to touch my CP stash (still 4.1k left). All three latest 5* characters are championed now: Daredevil at level 455, Spidey at level 454 and Gambit at level 450 (I´ve swapped the unusable black cover for a purple cover). Silver Surfer is fully covered now (3/5/5) with an extra black cover in my queue, he will be my next champion when I´ve enough ISO (50k are missing). Last but not least Rogue is a level 281 champion.

Comments

• maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Awesome work! Must have been difficult sitting on all that for so long. Your roster must be supercharged now. All those champion level rewards must be awesome :smiley:
  • Black Duke
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Nice hoard and pulls!

But ... only 3610cp after 10 months? Had you spent some along the way?
    Yeah, I´ve spend some CP here and there when the opportunity was favourable (for instance as they accidently changed the drop rate of 5* to 25%).

OJSP said:
    Caelinus primarily plays PvE.. and is very good at it. As far as I know he didn't use to get 1200 on a regular basis.
    Since I´m part of a hybrid alliance I´m also playing PVP. ;)
    I was long afraid of going further than 1.000 points and hit 1.200 points for the first time two months ago. The last two seasons I´ve scored 1.2k points in PVP regularly but now they´ve unfortunately removed the 15 CP reward....

Awesome work! Must have been difficult sitting on all that for so long. Your roster must be supercharged now. All those champion level rewards must be awesome :smiley:
    Thanks! Yeah, my Shield Rank has jumped from 114 to 116 within my pulling session. The only downside was that I got so many covers (9) for Venom. He´s one of these 4* characters I´ll probably never champion.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Jarvind said:
    It took me longer than I care to admit to figure out that "pyuuupupuupuyu" was not meant to express displeasure at pulling Coulson.
    It took me a little while to figure out that b meant black and u meant blue :lol:
  • ThePunishers
    ThePunishers Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    Congratulations and welcome to 5 star land!  What a great post to read!
  • Black Duke
    Options
    Jarvind said:
    It took me longer than I care to admit to figure out that "pyuuupupuupuyu" was not meant to express displeasure at pulling Coulson.
    It took me a little while to figure out that b meant black and u meant blue :lol:
      Haha! :smiley:

Initially I wanted to write a more detailed post. But since it´s really difficult here to create a post which is longer than 30 lines (when you´re typing in something, it always jumps back to the top), I had to shorten my report a bit.

I´ll add an explanation next time. ;)

Congratulations and welcome to 5 star land!  What a great post to read!
    Thanks, you´re welcome! :)
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jarvind said:
    As an old MtG player, we've always used B for black and U for blue.  But I thought the same thing as @Jarvind for a few minutes.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jarvind said:
    Even after I figured that out, I was still kind of reading all of those as sound effects as I went down the list.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,751 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Should be at 300 pulls myself today, having that age old battle with myself on do I really even want the 5 star game, should I pull from classics as I'm enjoying the 4 star game, should I softcap what I get, should I carry on hoarding, should I wait for Thor instead of spidey.

:#  :D
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Jarvind said:
    To be fair, someone who played Magic the Gathering in the past knows this because it's the same notation there, but otherwise, anybody could have some problems figuring that out at first. So don't stress about it :smiley:
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Congrats and I like that you have used my formatting (Yes I’m a magic the gathering player too ANd you even went the extra mile to sort it alphabetically. I just add it as they were pulled). Did I start a trend? Or is someone going to bring back character icon and colour flags? Nice use of bonus hero to finish another 5* too. I could never risk it seeing how I dread the unusable 6th cover in a cover when so many have 5 already. 

• Black Duke
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Pongie said:
    Congrats and I like that you have used my formatting (Yes I’m a magic the gathering player too ANd you even went the extra mile to sort it alphabetically. I just add it as they were pulled). Did I start a trend? Or is someone going to bring back character icon and colour flags? Nice use of bonus hero to finish another 5* too. I could never risk it seeing how I dread the unusable 6th cover in a cover when so many have 5 already. 

Thanks! I was actually inspired by your post. Since this forum is lacking of any colouration and character icons, I thought it was a good way to create my post. 

Getting the last two covers for Silver Surfer was a all-or-nothing gamble (I already had to sell a red cover a month ago), but I really wanted to finish him since he´s a viable third member for my designated 5* Simulator team (Gambit and Daredevil). After pulling two black covers (bringing him to 2/5/5) my heard skipped a beat when I got the third bonus cover. The realization that I´ve drawn the desired blue cover, was probably the happiest moment of my pulling session.