What one change would you make if you were the CEO of D3

Options
Wumpushunter
Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
You got one shot before they boot you what change to MPQ/Forums do you make?

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To the game I would open up CL9 in PVP and place the CP in progression again.  I would also lower the win requirement of top progression to 35 and make top sim progression points based.  A lot of 3* and 4* players still got 2K in sim and should not require that much grinding.  Alternatively I might just cut the win total in 1/2 in sim.

for the forums I would actually close them down and look to use reddit, discord and other social media’s to promote the games.  As much as I like the forums the devs don’t use it to actually communicate with the players the really only use it for announcements and other social sites work just as well or better.

last change I would make is add CL10 to PVE and place he required 5* as a progression reward.  This would allow players to gain 5* covers through progression not just RNG and wound continue to get players to play at higher CL.  I also would also make 5* essentials go 3 classics 1 latest so more people could cover the older 5*

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Change the 5* node into a boss node that rewards a nice chunk of iso like Doc Ock on Webbed Wonder. One play for CL6-8, on CL9 it would give four plays and reward a bigger chunk of iso, 10 cp, 50 hp and an event token. It would not have points tied to it that affect placement/progression.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Increased odds for 5s in classic tokens.
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Most people are going to give answers that will benefits themselves and not on ways to make more money.  ;)
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Welcome to a customer based forum, Hope you survive the experience. 
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    NMANOZ said:
    Most people are going to give answers that will benefits themselves and not on ways to make more money.  ;)

That's why most people are not CEOs.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Rework the event schedule so that there are like 10 different events at once, all with a single set of placement awards, and set it so that each character can only be used in one of the events.  Also, nodes are not repeatable for points.  At all.

Now the game feels like an actual game and not an endless mindless grind.  You're welcome.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    To all the people who said they spoke like players not CEOs interested in profit, thats why they are going to boot you after one change as explained in my original post ;)

I for one would split story into story and PVE. You could only join one, story would be unchanged, PVE would have a portion of a top 10 win rolled into the progression side and would have no competition factors. This way people could play how they wished when they wished. As the grind vanishes for some, more players will feel better about recommending the game to their friends.
  • TheZeusBear
    TheZeusBear Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Have more quality control enforced.

Increase the amount of CS employees, have well defined parameters that are black and white.

Increase ISO per $ spent to be relevant to today's play

Include a new store after removing 5* swaps. Swap your 2 5* + HP for a 5* color of your choice 

Have the ability to combine max lvl champs to be stronger. 2x 2* 144 can become lvl 175. 2x 266 3* can become level 300. 2x 370 4* can become 400.

What I can think of off the top of my head. 
  • Thorstienn
    Thorstienn Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    STOPTHIS said:
    Colorless covers.
    Just this!!! A million times this!!!
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Institutionalize test driven development