High Fives All Around

Options
RhysMarkov
RhysMarkov Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
Just wanted to throw up some high fives for everyone that took the opportunity Emrakul's Corruption presented to break out their cards from the relevant sets. I know that we didn't have to use those specific sets, and I thought I might be the only one that did (and in all honesty, mine aren't 100% set specific, but the creatures are!), but it's been a treat to see a lot of the vampire and werewolf decks hitting the metaphorical table.

Comments

• UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I agree with both the sentiment (liking theme/set/objective specific decks) as well as with this event having a lot of those.

• RhysMarkov
    Options
    I was pretty sure going into the event that it would just be a bunch of the same old same old, with most everyone running as much OP jank as they could to get the rewards as quickly as possible. It was a pleasant surprise to see a bunch of vampires/werewolves/eldrazi on the field.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Heh. Except some of the werewolves and eldrazi _are_ part of the OP jank...

But yes, I agree with the principle otherwise.
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Emrakul (eldrazi), Olivia (vampire), Ulrich (werewolf) were the OP jank cards that people were relieved to see unused in the Standard format, no?

I was running these three without embarrassment in my respective nodes, anyway.
  • RhysMarkov
    Options
    Haha... yes, I'm aware that those cards exist, that they are set specific to this, and that they personify OP jank. Thankfully, I haven't encountered them much in the event so far.

If every match I'd played involved that trifecta, I'd have been significantly less enthused about it, hence the high fives for people making fun theme decks.

• RhysMarkov
    Options
    So, all of the above being taken into consideration, I just had a fight on my blue node against an absolutely silly u/g nissa deck. What's the card that makes a support that reduces everything in hands cost to 0 as long as it has a counter? It was that, triple casting the "gain 30 life/convert 20 gems to green", then dropping decimator for good measure. <sigh> i just had to say something, didn't I? Lol...

I'm gonna be bummed if I end up 5 ribbons short of the rare because of silliness like that.