How badly will my scaling be with 1 champed 4*?

Options
Apox1134
Apox1134 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
I have a 4* LC cover that will be expiring in about 10 days. I have the ISO to champ him. All the rest of my 4* have been leveled to 209 and sat there until i had more covered. Haven't leveled any of my 5* at all despite the amount of covers, so all at 255. No 3* exceeds lvl 209. How badly will the scaling get in SCL 7 for me? I only PVE at this point. 

Comments

• MinasMorgul
    MinasMorgul Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    In PvE, scaling is set purely by SCL.  Your roster has no impact on the levels you face so go ahead and champ away and enjoy the help that character will give you.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Even in PVP, one 4* champ doesn't change much. Actually, it's usually a noticeable upgrade.
  • Apox1134
    Apox1134 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Awesome thanks
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Especially given that you have 5*. Your effective highest level is only jumping up a little bit by taking someone to 271, compared to having your top characters at 255.
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Agreed with @TPF Alexis, but it's even better than that.

Since you're about to champ a 4*, I assume you have a bunch of 3* champs. Unless your 4* champ is boosted, your 3* boosted 3* champs will be higher level than your 4*, so you'll see zero impact. 

On the weeks where your 4* champ is boosted, you might see a very small bump, but your boosted 4* champ will laugh at it.

Good luck!

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,667 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4* Luke Cage (especially when boosted) will wreck for you in PvE. A boosted C4ge is also not at all a desirable opponent in PvP with his massive health pool and defensive black power. Even unboosted his red hits hard and his yellow can stack up also. The groans on the forum during his Defenders PvP were loud!