Possible to add 4 star to CS1-CS6 PVE progression?

Rhipf
Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
If CS6 and lower are going to have a required 4 star node could they also get the 4 star cover as progression?

If it is felt that they don't need/deserve a 4 star cover could the 4 star require node be changed to a 3 star node?

I used to play CS7 so I could get the 4 star cover in progression but now that there is a 5 star required I have dropped down to one of the lower tiers (only a 3 star player with a few 4 star characters so prefer lower tiers where I have a shot at finishing near the top).
After writing this I guess one could say that not having the 4 star in CS1-CS6 is fair since CS7-CS9 don't get a 5 star as progression. The difference is that for CS7-CS9 the 5 star required node isn't necessary to reach max progression but for all tiers the 4 star required node is needed if you want to get max progression. Also, if you are playing CS7-CS9 more likely than not you are a 4 or 5 star player that already has the required not cover.

Comments

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    You don't need the 4* to hit max progression. I did it countless times when I was a 2* player and only had the 2* and 3* essentials. Is it easy? No, but it's definitely possible. You would need to do 6 or 7 clears and play fairly optimally. Also, if the 4* was put into progression then it would only encourage more 4 and 5* players to go down and one of the biggest problems that this game has is unintentionally encouraging players to go down instead of up.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was actually thinking of posting something similar earlier.  Not necessarily that SCL's 1-6 should get a 4*, but it seems kind of ridiculous that SCL's 1-9 all have the same number of points for max progression.  

As you said, SCL's 7-9 assume you don't have the 5* when calculating maximum progression.  Considering the maximum progression for SCL 1 is a 3*, it is insane to assume that the players down there have both the 3* and 4* to get it.  I'd recommend a system where SCL 1 calculates the progression based on the regular nodes plus the 2* essential (with the 3* & 4* as bonuses, similar to the 5* for higher SCL's) and SCL's 2-3 could assume you don't have the 4* when calculating the progression.  I can understand why SCL's 4+ would still assume the full progression given they have CP at that point and the dev's clearly don't want to make CP too easy to get.  Still, it's wholly unreasonable to expect a SCL 1 player to have that developed of a roster.  I accidentally selected SCL 1 a few events ago when I misclicked something and only 8 people out of a bracket of 1,000 actually earned the full progression.  That's just a sign of poor design of progression targets IMHO, especially for newer players who should be encouraged at every opportunity.