The worst part of MPQ - ISO-8 Shortage

Arphaxad
Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
Yes, this is one of those posts, but with 5 stars now required I thought it an appropriate time to make a plea to the developers to finally address this issue.

MPQ requires players to gather ISO-8 as a resource in order to level up heroes. Players agree to work within this system. The problem is that players are not able to earn ISO-8 at a pace that allows them to keep up with the release of new heroes.

It has gotten real frustrating to get all the new heroes but not be able to level them up fast enough to make them useful in their required nodes (story) or required events (versus). If you want to force us to use the new heroes you need to give us more ISO-8.

Now we have required 5 star nodes. Yes, they are not required for progression, but it is required for placement rewards... so the 5 stars are required in story mode for a majority of the players. If a player decides to dump ISO-8 into a 5 star they will fall even further behind the 4 star releases.

It creates a drowning feeling. Playing every day, paying for VIP, and I still feel like I'm barely keeping my head above water. Treading water can't last forever. Players need the Devs to throw us a life preserver.... increase the ISO-8 we earn during every event.

If my perception of ISO-8 is incorrect, I would love the opportunity to see the data that shows players earn enough ISO-8 to champion 4 and 5 star heroes while keeping pace with the new hero release schedule. I fully admit that appearance some times doesn't reflect actual numbers.

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    ISO flow has been fine for a while now, particularly if you get intercepts, which only requires you to drop, like, 2 bucks a month. 

Don't open tokens if you don't have enough ISO to bring up a new champ. It's as simple as that. You'll end up sitting on a lot of tokens for a while, but eventually the pendulum starts to swing the other way.

I don't have pretty graphs to show you like some of the other folks on here sometimes post, but I have about half the 3*s max champed, almost all 4*s champed, and two 5* champions with a fully covered Daredevil waiting for ISO. With occasional exceptions during sales, I don't buy anything other than VIP.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    For those that aren't aware, the devs don't want you to champ every single character.  They want you to have to pick and choose (or spend to champ everyone).  I'll agree with the above poster that the ISO flow is much improved over where it was and you are able to keep up with the new releases.  My ISO deficit has gone from a peak of about 9 million to a little more than 2 million over the last 18 months or so.  If I had everyone softcapped and an ISO reserve over a million, then I'd feel like I've accomplished all I could and my desire to play would go way down. 
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Orion said:
    For those that aren't aware, the devs don't want you to champ every single character.  They want you to have to pick and choose (or spend to champ everyone).

This is annoyingly true. I used to have shedloads of the stuff, then loads of 4*s hit 13 covers, and now I feel poor. I have a hoard of LTs and CP that I'm just about ready to crack, but with only 300k in iso at the minute it becomes a bad idea. Any 5* covers beyond 13 (or any in any specific colour beyond 5, if they stop doing swaps) would be wasted, because I can't champ them.

And of course, if I get any new 4* to 13 covers, that either puts a significant dent in any iso I have, or I have to start wasting those covers instead.

I agree that while it might be better than it has been in the past, the flow of iso is still pretty miserly, and doesn't keep up with the constant release of new characters.
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    The flow currently outpaces new releases by a pretty good amount. In my personal experience over the course of one year. I champed. 3 5 stars 35 4 stars and about 14 3 stars. At that rate come fifth anniversary I will be done four stars have my second round of three stars farming and be working on softcapping all my fives. It seems like the ISO flow is reasonable. I even had a month or so when I couldn't play in that year. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    ISO flow is fine.
    If you play MPQ like a second job, which, looking at recent changes, seems to be exactly what the devs want.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I'm doing fine in the 4*-3* and 2* farm range. I would be drowning if I had to try and champ a 5* now. But at the pace I am covering them, I should be done with vintage 4*s, close to done with latest 4*s, so maybe it wouldn't be a big deal to save iso for 2.5 weeks to champ a 5