Why Was Quick Battle Removed?

Options
Furordraco
Furordraco Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
edited October 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
so maybe this has been discussed in the past. Maybe you guys have enough of it. But i wasnt here when they decided to remove it. My question is quite simple:

WHY?

I looked around past patch notes or discussions but i couldnt find any good reason apart from a bit of buggyness, to why QB was replaced with the most boring and not very rewarding daily event in the world.

Cheerio for any info you might provide my stupid self.

//Edited Title for Clarity -Brigby

Comments

• babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

They said something about it was never intended to be the core of the game... yadda yadda yadda... they didn't want to give away "free" mythics by any means any longer.

So now the only way to have a significant card advantage is to have abnormal luck or spend an abnormal amount of money!

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,943 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You'd  have to dig pretty far but search for 2.0 release notes. 
  • Furordraco
    Furordraco Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    found em. Its not satisfying cause new players could just play and grind the runes just at a slower rate then veterans. And of course top positions were being grinded by players who could afford it, but even if i went on top 250 or something i didnt care. There was still a small reward in the end. Highly frustrated now :disappointed:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I started right near the death of quick match. All i can say is i personally hated it. This was when i was super fresh new. I played for a few hours and with my ridiculously weak card collection, it amounted to nothing. So, first off, it was grindy with a very low payout for me. There was absolutely no hope of getting even a rare card, which is the goal of newer players. There were so many overpowered cards running around and trampling my face! It felt like there was a huge disparity between new and veteran players in that competition. Honestly, i almost deleted the game because of it. The amount of frustration was absurd for me. I definitely prefer the events they are now, everyone has an equal chance, i.e. everyone gets the same number of node charges. In quick battle, it was the more games you play the better so technically, if you got all the free time in the world, you would have a bit of an advantage. I dont know enough about quick battle.. i am not going to lie.. but it didnt work for me. And i could ramble on for a while and be more objective about this but i apologize i got a little emotional there. 
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jimpark said:
    I started right near the death of quick match. All i can say is i personally hated it. This was when i was super fresh new. I played for a few hours and with my ridiculously weak card collection, it amounted to nothing. So, first off, it was grindy with a very low payout for me. There was absolutely no hope of getting even a rare card, which is the goal of newer players. There were so many overpowered cards running around and trampling my face! It felt like there was a huge disparity between new and veteran players in that competition. Honestly, i almost deleted the game because of it. The amount of frustration was absurd for me. I definitely prefer the events they are now, everyone has an equal chance, i.e. everyone gets the same number of node charges. In quick battle, it was the more games you play the better so technically, if you got all the free time in the world, you would have a bit of an advantage. I dont know enough about quick battle.. i am not going to lie.. but it didnt work for me. And i could ramble on for a while and be more objective about this but i apologize i got a little emotional there. 
    This rings the bell of "Have lots of different content for all kinds of players at various states of the game".  TotP isn't for newbies.  Frankly beating Nicol Bolas isn't for brand new players.  Chapter 1 of story mode isn't for veteran players... We shouldn't have to pick and choose.  There should be lots of early game, mid game, and end game content that keeps players interested and engaged at all levels.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Options
    babar3355 said:
    jimpark said:
    This rings the bell of "Have lots of different content for all kinds of players at various states of the game".  TotP isn't for newbies.  Frankly beating Nicol Bolas isn't for brand new players.  Chapter 1 of story mode isn't for veteran players... We shouldn't have to pick and choose.  There should be lots of early game, mid game, and end game content that keeps players interested and engaged at all levels.

I concur with this. Now that I think about it; they really are lacking a lot of content at varying levels.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    babar3355 said:

This being a deck building game, it would seem like the easiest way to generate a lot of content for players at all levels is to have them play against a variety of opposing decks designed by players at a level appropriate for them. Sadly, the PvP aspect of the game has been atrophying for a long time now... poor card balance, terrible AI, and bad matchmaking don't help, but instead of fixing these issues, Hibernum introduced punishing secondary objectives which so dominated gameplay that the importance of your opponent's deck was pushed away into the background: Variety transformed into monotony.