A proposal for a new event schedule.

Options
13»

Comments

• Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    From recent experience I can tell you that 5 vehicles is virtually impossible for many if not most bronze players.   With say, only 2 vehicles in your deck and an opponent with 50 hp, it doesn’t even have to be enraged to end before that happens.

Lots of other restrictions are "2 vampires", '2 werewolves", etc, 5 vehicles was never a good idea, but I think noone was even bothering at that point, it's the laziest event design ever and a definite sign of the beginning of the end of that chapter.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kinesia said:
    From recent experience I can tell you that 5 vehicles is virtually impossible for many if not most bronze players.   With say, only 2 vehicles in your deck and an opponent with 50 hp, it doesn’t even have to be enraged to end before that happens.

Lots of other restrictions are "2 vampires", '2 werewolves", etc, 5 vehicles was never a good idea, but I think noone was even bothering at that point, it's the laziest event design ever and a definite sign of the beginning of the end of that chapter.

You only say this because you never played Emmakrul corruption classic. As span mentioned, 2 is too low in terrors, so they went to 6 I think in  EC. This was unpopular so the next tweak down was 5. Vehicles was I guess considered ideal because there was synergy.

It wasn't lazy. It was an attempt at finding the sweet spot. They never found it. That's why you don't see that style of objective much anymore. 
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I like the last FirF since there wasn't much competition I could make decks that could potentially get full points then not be too bothered about extra stalling to eke out every last point.

It was probably too much for me with my work schedule though, got a little burnt out.
  • tfg76
    tfg76 Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is a great suggestion, and I would love to see something like this, maybe with one more standard PvP (Monday?).

I´d also love to see:

- ToTP in standard (maybe in addition to the legacy one we have today)
    - Some kind of incentive to play and win all nodes in ToTP (either progression awards or leaderboard)

But even more importantly, each 2-day event should have 14 hours for the last charge (in essence, removing the last charge from the event), to allow for more flexibility with time zones.

I´ll also say that I really liked playing the 3-node events this week (**** and EC). One less node makes the amount of battles a bit more manageable, and with this more packed schedule, I think it´s important to have each event be a bit less demanding. That way, players who want to play more can simply enter more events, but players who want to play less can still focus on that one event they do enter.
  • joerginger
    joerginger Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    To be honest, I think no event ever should have more than three nodes. The individual matches all take ages, in particular if one is trying to meet the objectives. Or if you're up against a deck with Silverstrike and Starfield of Nyx - because the 1-shieid support not once turned up in a board position where it could be matched away. Not a single time in what felt like 30 million tiresome turns.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To be honest, I think no event ever should have more than three nodes. The individual matches all take ages, in particular if one is trying to meet the objectives. Or if you're up against a deck with Silverstrike and Starfield of Nyx - because the 1-shieid support not once turned up in a board position where it could be matched away. Not a single time in what felt like 30 million tiresome turns.

That's not the only factor... Number of matches depends on recharge times and things as well, it's all tweakable to get to playable levels.

Like Nodes of Power has 5 nodes but it _needs_ 5 for the concept and only starts with 1 charge on each, it's not onerous at all.
  • joerginger
    joerginger Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I agree with you, that one is an exception.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited March 2018
    Options
    *Closing this thread as it has not had a new post within a month's time, following the last active post. If you wish to discuss this topic again, please start a new discussion thread. Thank you!*
This discussion has been closed.