Are we supposed to be ambivalent?

Calnexin
Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
That's the emotion (or lack thereof) that is growing inside me when thinking about MPQ.

I've played daily for over 1100 days.  Stayed up late nights, and spent more cash than I ever have on any other entertainment experience excluding vacations that include air travel or large boats.  Around July-Aug I was really feelin' it, so I began my VIP subscription anew, and then spent more than I usually would during the anniversary for some cool new X-men content.

That was then.  This is now.

I have a SHIELD simulator in which some nodes are literally unplayable.  The wad of cash I dropped for the anniversary was not large enough, so the brand new required character doesn't meet the requirements.  I'd be ok if the enemies were just scaled past where my teams were able to manage.  By all means, if I'm not supposed to have those prizes, let me fail.  I'd rather quit from frustration than be barred from playing.

I still get covers of the new character elsewhere, so I can play the bottom line of that event, but... no.  The places to get them are limited, and I didn't have the time to get everything I possibly could, so I had to stop two nodes into that.  Once again, it wasn't that the challenge was too difficult, or that my roster wasn't good enough.  It's that I wasn't allowed to play.

This does the exact opposite of engaging me.  Knowing I simply can't play, I cease to care.  Oh, there's a new event on my screen.  How annoying.

This is compounded by the wins-based progression system.  I have been regularly earning the 4* cover for 6 months now, and was just barely managing the cp at 1200 when the new system was put in place.  I literally sank all of my leisure time into MPQ, but I was only able to get to 20 wins before running out of time.  So I've gone from a reliable 4* cover and CP to no 4* cover and CP that is completely out of reach due to top-level slumming in any CL and slice I compete in.  Also, since I didn't earn the Nightcrawler cover, I couldn't progress to the next node in the other event.

Once again - sudden loss of a resource chain, prizes I can't reasonably expect to compete for, events I can play.  My shoulders are getting very shruggy.  There's all this content that's either unrewarding or useless, and I'm starting to not care about any of it.

Was it supposed to be this way?  Are you trying to put unreachable carrots on the playing field as some sort of motivating factor?  Is it a token appeasement so whales can be happy knowing that there's some content exclusive to them?  Because all I'm getting lately is "well, I can't earn that, so why bother?"

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    No, you're supposed to feel angry and buy some more.