Let the System Reboot remain there!

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
It's one day and a few hours left until the System Reboot disappears. I hope you all completed it (if possible).
Anyway, it would be great if the tab and the mission nodes remained in the game, wouldn't it? To serve as a playground. We will reach a point soon where we'll be shielding in the Simulator and after the regular Story missions are done for the day we don't have any proper channel to play around in (not counting Versus tournaments because of character restrictions and buffs and all that).

I'm not looking for new rewards, just the possibility to re-run the System Reboot missions against all the different and fun teams. If the Prologue can remain in the game which isn't even playable then it would be logical that also the Reboot could remain until the next Reboot starts.

Thumbs up?

Comments

• evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    I'm all for this , I also think shield training should stick around at least until the next new character release to give ppl a fighting chance at the 10k iso at least 
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,764 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm all for extra content, but there seems to be too much all at once, so having System Reboot and/or SHIELD training on for at least 2 weeks would give some time to fit them in, in between PVE and PVP.

And yes, having a sandpit to play around in, would be very welcome!

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,737 Chairperson of the Boards
    It sounds good.  Of course after a week, someone would start a complaint thread that they finished it a week ago, and can it go away?  ;)

But yeah, there should always be a “mess around” event running.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    This is just a new spin on "let us reopen the prologue" which is the much better idea being bigger and always a part of the game. Only reward and difficulty structure would need changing.

They could even base reopening prices based on the scl and tier the awards appropriately.
    Tier 2- 25hp
    Tier 3- 75hp
    Tier 4- 100hp
    Tier 5- 150hp
    Tier 6- 200hp
    Tier 7- 300hp
    Tier 8- 500hp 
    Tier 9- 1000hp

ETA: shield trainiing should definitely last a month given the iso needed to put into characters (if undeveloped) and them using a latest just put into the token pool.

It'll be interesting to see how this is run for the next 4 star release in the middle of the season. So start working on those Mr fs and falcaps.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I'm with @Dormammu here. System Reboot is a nice bonus, and an engaging way to roll out updates for classic characters. That's all it is though. Once I beat all the nodes, I don't have any desire to go back and redo them. With all the node grinding and time requirements elsewhere in the game, I have no desire to fight matches that give me zero assistance in building my roster.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    I like the System Reboot too, but I disagree with the OP.

I think it serves a very useful purpose - reintroducing players to a character that has been over-hauled or modified.  I hope the trend continues that any time a character is updated, it gets a System Reboot phase.
  • ArcanaMoon
    ArcanaMoon Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Dormammu said:
    I don't need a rewardless playground. I really like System Reboot and I think it's a wonderful way for players to try out the re-worked characters in a pressure free, non-placement environment. I especially like the cover rewards at the end. But I don't need it to hang around. Now that PvP is win-based the SHIELD sim serves just as well while still offering rewards.
    I second Dormammu, just god to SHIELD sim, with the new progresion reward based on wins insted of points, you are free to use any team you want, like the one i just use: Coulson, DD and Quicksilver, that stupidly fun moving everyting on the board, ramping with DD thanks to Billy Club and Coulsun passive and landing all the ambushes thanks to Coulson and Quicksilver
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    I enjoy having a playground where I can just play and not worry about losing points. I like trying new teams and new characters and neither PvP nor PvE are adequate for this. I agree with the OP.
  • ArcanaMoon
    Borstock said:
    I enjoy having a playground where I can just play and not worry about losing points. I like trying new teams and new characters and neither PvP nor PvE are adequate for this. I agree with the OP.
    Is not like the defense matters anyway, you going to be attacked, the only one i finding ANNOYING in defense is Gambit, allready hate him!

• ArcanaMoon
    mexus said:
    Dormammu said:
    I don't need a rewardless playground. I really like System Reboot and I think it's a wonderful way for players to try out the re-worked characters in a pressure free, non-placement environment. I especially like the cover rewards at the end. But I don't need it to hang around. Now that PvP is win-based the SHIELD sim serves just as well while still offering rewards.
    I second Dormammu, just god to SHIELD sim, with the new progresion reward based on wins insted of points, you are free to use any team you want, like the one i just use: Coulson, DD and Quicksilver, that stupidly fun moving everyting on the board, ramping with DD thanks to Billy Club and Coulsun passive and landing all the ambushes thanks to Coulson and Quicksilver
    Problems: 
    1. The lack of variety in the enemy teams.
    2. Some people use shields also in the Simulator.
    3. Think "off-season" - we don't have an off-season Simulator / no playground.
    Welp... i cant denny that, hate off-season for that very same reason