If I'm missing one cover for a classic 5*...

Deadsider
Deadsider Posts: 81 Match Maker
edited October 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
...would you chance it pulling tokens? My 4/5/3 Hawkeye is my highest, and his last cover I bought by CP. I feel like its safer and probably less overall cost for a buy @720 though. Still, either of the two colors would cover max him.

What would you do?

Comments

• Deadsider
    Both great advice, glad I asked as I don't think I would have thought of that. I'll add HE to BH right now, but I can't bear to take Thanos off that list lol.
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Im buying my last bolt. Wasted far too much cp chasing classics
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Spent 1440cp on finishing a 551 Bolt last January. Worth it!

1440 cp gets you one extra than max?  Nice!  
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker

He probably had a dupe cover, but was at 11 covers. Spend the 1440 and champ BB and utilize the dupe. 
  • mikelnoe
    mikelnoe Posts: 92 Match Maker
    edited October 2017
    Nvm misread your post
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Now I would just wait for the hfh and buy it for 250
  • Deadsider
    Indeed, if he's in when I get 250 I'll buy most likely
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,583 Chairperson of the Boards

I've actually been tracking cover "waste," since it does seem to come up.  My absolute worst was Rocket and Groot, since I ended up with a 2/5/5.  I ended up only wasting 2 because I spent CP on his final Blue, but when I did so I had, quite literally, 6 extra yellow and 2 extra green.  I believe the first of the yellow were about to expire.

Otherwise, cover waste is pretty modest.  My highest were the Wasp, where I wasted 4, and Medusa, where I ended up selling 3 before I covered her.  I've burned two 5* covers so far (Silver Surfer black and Phoenix Green.)

Long story short, you'll probably end up burning 2 or 3 at most unless you end up with a 2/5/5 build.  Exceptions happen, of course, but that's what the odds say.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,583 Chairperson of the Boards

Addendum - I absolutely love Hawkeye.  Coupled with Coulson (and Red and Blue boosts if your other team member is really weak and the node is really tough,) he can literally take down any team out there. I tend to clear the 5* node at CL9 with those two.  The only really bad one was Mockingbird/4*Luke/4*IF.  Sure, a bad board will cause a wipe, but once you get going you've got it.

Coulhawk is also not a bad climbing team either.  Sure, you're kind of prey, but that matters a lot less in the new system.  And if Coulson is boosted, you're really not...

He really adds a lot of interest and variety to the 5* tier.

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards

FokaiHI said:

He probably had a dupe cover, but was at 11 covers. Spend the 1440 and champ BB and utilize the dupe. 
    I think what aes meant was his BB was 5/5/1 and he spent 1440 cp on 2 yellow covers to champ.

I'm in a similar predicament with my Bolt, 5/1/5. I'm seriously considering saving the cp for him.....
  • Milk Jugz
    GrimSkald said:

I've actually been tracking cover "waste," since it does seem to come up.  My absolute worst was Rocket and Groot, since I ended up with a 2/5/5.  I ended up only wasting 2 because I spent CP on his final Blue, but when I did so I had, quite literally, 6 extra yellow and 2 extra green.  I believe the first of the yellow were about to expire.

Otherwise, cover waste is pretty modest.  My highest were the Wasp, where I wasted 4, and Medusa, where I ended up selling 3 before I covered her.  I've burned two 5* covers so far (Silver Surfer black and Phoenix Green.)

Long story short, you'll probably end up burning 2 or 3 at most unless you end up with a 2/5/5 build.  Exceptions happen, of course, but that's what the odds say.

You've been lucky!!! I burned 2 Phoenix red when she was 3/3/5, before I finally got what I needed to champ her. I've burned a yellow Bolt, 5/1/5. A blue and a yellow DrS, 5/2/5. A purple Thanos, 0/5/5- since that I've gotten what I needed and champed. An IM red and blue, 5/5/2. And, finally, a GG purple, 0/5/3. That's 9 wasted 5* covers!!!
  • Milk Jugz
    @aesthetocyst

Considering grimskald said he's only burned 2 5* covers, yeah I'd consider him more lucky than me
  • Milk Jugz
    edited October 2017
    @aesthetocyst

Thanks for the attempt.... Still hurts..... And sorry about your luck, hope I don't get to those levels
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    I'm really hoping the Coulson cover in the next HFH is yellow or blue because he's currently at 4/12/3.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Milk Jugz said:
    GrimSkald said:

You've been lucky!!! I burned 2 Phoenix red when she was 3/3/5, before I finally got what I needed to champ her. I've burned a yellow Bolt, 5/1/5. A blue and a yellow DrS, 5/2/5. A purple Thanos, 0/5/5- since that I've gotten what I needed and champed. An IM red and blue, 5/5/2. And, finally, a GG purple, 0/5/3. That's 9 wasted 5* covers!!!

I Think I got 10 or 12 green Phoenix covers that Went to waste because I didn't have enough red or Purple covers. Eventually I managed to get her to 5/2/5 and spent 720 CP on the last Purple cover. This was back when she was still fairly powerful.

...and when I got home my dad would cut me in two with a bread knife.