this is the new Strongest Team. Carol + Gambit *5 + OML is ultimate destruction.

Options
8punch
8punch Posts: 97 Match Maker
edited October 2017 in MPQ Character Discussion
kudos for the guy who came up with this combo, it was not me. but i fought this team and i got totally destroyed.

why?

lets start with OML.

OML add knives on the board after someone uses his special power. this knives dont do much damage but....

when gambit uses his purple power it adds countdown titles.

now comes the bonus. Carol has pasive yellow power. whenever someone countdown titles goes to 0 she will add strenght to the knives. 

so you can imagine what happens. knives strenghten in power. the power of gambit becomes stronger. your match damage becomes stronger. suddenly you get match damage of +10K, countdown power special of gambit suddenly does 8000K per countdown block. not to mention gambit getting new red ap and purple ap every turn.

total domination were no team comes even close. its perfection!

so if you want to build the strongest team for the moment, i believe this is it!

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OLM = ... Outdoor Life Mutant?
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    OLM = Often Long Matches?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Don't be silly, you guys. OLM is an aquatic salamander in found in southern Europe. It is known to pair well Gambits and Carols.

As for the post's point, I can't disagree that this is a strong team. I've been cleaning up with Carol + 3Gambit. Those two are the heart of the goodness. You can substitute any strike tile producer for the aquatic salamander.
  • Jaedenkaal
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Don't be silly, you guys. OLM is an aquatic salamander in found in southern Europe. It is known to pair well Gambits and Carols.

I always just call them Proteus so as to not confuse them with Marvel-property mutants. 

Wait...

And, man, 4* Carol on a strong team. Who'd have guessed :)
  • 8punch
    8punch Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Options
    what are you guys talking about? it clearly says OML :smile:
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    8punch said:
    what are you guys talking about? it clearly says OML :smile:
    My mistake :)
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options

And, man, 4* Carol on a strong team. Who'd have guessed :)
    Now, that you mention it, I'm kind of surprised we've never seen a thread about how strong she is on the forums
    (* ducks *)
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Carol hasn't been boosted in about 12 days so she's due to come up in the boost rotation pretty soon.  
  • 10_EFX_01
    10_EFX_01 Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Options
    For those who don't have thee Old Man, I would try C4rol + Cousin + Gamit3
    I think it'd work the same, maybe just not as quick.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    10_EFX_01 said:
    Who's cousin? Yours? Mine?
  • 10_EFX_01
    Options
    Anon said:
    10_EFX_01 said:
    Lol my 2nd cousin but forget about her hot **** ;)
    Coulson*
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anon said:
    10_EFX_01 said:
    They're finally bringing in The Wing-ding family from that one Hostess ad! ;)
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    10_EFX_01 said:
    Anon said:
    10_EFX_01 said:
    Lol my 2nd cousin but forget about her hot tinykitty ;)
    Coulson*
    Her hot *** would be a good distraction for the enemy team. Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle! :blush:
  • Dormammu
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Forget son of Coul. Make Grocket more ubiquitous. This is what you do:

1. Start a match using Carol, Gambit (3* or 5* doesn't matter), and 4* Grocket
    2. Wait for Gambit's purple to self-fill. You can speed this up by making a purple match
    3. Cast Gambit's purple
    4. Protect Grocket's strikes and Gambit's countdown tiles
    5. After Gambit's strikes countdowns go off and Carol buffs tiles, spam Gambit's red
    6. You have now won

I mean, why bother doing anything when passives will do it all for you?
  • dan54321
    dan54321 Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Great team recommendation, it's definitely good fun. :)
  • 10_EFX_01
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Forget son of Coul. Make Grocket more ubiquitous. This is what you do:

1. Start a match using Carol, Gambit (3* or 5* doesn't matter), and 4* Grocket
    2. Wait for Gambit's purple to self-fill. You can speed this up by making a purple match
    3. Cast Gambit's purple
    4. Protect Grocket's strikes and Gambit's countdown tiles
    5. After Gambit's strikes countdowns go off and Carol buffs tiles, spam Gambit's red
    6. You have now won

I mean, why bother doing anything when passives will do it all for you?
    I would argue Coulson as a better team because as random as the Ai is, they will get rid of your strike tiles by the time one of Gambits 3 turn tiles ends.
    Coulson allows Gambits Count down tiles to end faster if you have team up tiles in AP pool and any time you launch Gambits powers, Coulson throws out another 1 turn CD tile; the board is literally filled with CD tiles and powers up(C4rol yellow) special tiles. Fun combo.
  • Dormammu
    Options
    Yeah but its great against goons when you have total board control. Don't have to wait for Carol to get enough black.
  • 10_EFX_01
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Yeah but its great against goons when you have total board control. Don't have to wait for Carol to get enough black.
    True, I just gain enough Black for her or even better, gain enough yellow for Coulsons Call the Calvary and his first yellow CD tiles creates strike tiles ;)
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Against goons, I'm not sure you need Gambit.  I would think 4* Rocket, 4* Star Lord and 4* Carol would basically win that already, using essentially the same engine, but with boasted tiles from the start.

For Coulson/Carol/Gambit, I've only gotten it rolling consistently against tile movers with yellow or black as the strongest color. It's fun when it works, though.  Just make sure you spec Coulson to 5 yellow to gain that extra strike on this build, especially as you lose his purple ability anyway.  You also have to watch that his other Shield agents don't destroy your own tiles...
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    Just make sure you spec Coulson to 5 yellow to gain that extra strike on this build, especially as you lose his purple ability anyway.  You also have to watch that his other Shield agents don't destroy your own tiles...
    Sometimes, I swear, the sniper he calls in is a double agent. That one has cost me so many other countdowns and strikes >:(