What does Storm and Dr. Doom have in common?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
It's not a riddle.

But these characters make the game flow much faster when matching tiles their symbols on.
Is this something intended, or are Storm and Dr. Doom bugged? Or is everyone else bugged?

When matching someone else's tiles the game appears to slow down a bit.

Comments

• Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017

Same thing in the Kaecilius boss fight.

Makes you realize just how much time goes to waste due to sluggish animations. (and don't get me started with the "real" animations)

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,183 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it might have to do with the fact that, way in the early stages of the game, 1* Storm and Doom were the only characters who created Attack tiles. If you notice, the damage from their Attack tiles "fly" to the target much faster than anyone else's Attack tiles. Not sure what happened with the coding after that.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus said:
    I think it might have to do with the fact that, way in the early stages of the game, 1* Storm and Doom were the only characters who created Attack tiles. If you notice, the damage from their Attack tiles "fly" to the target much faster than anyone else's Attack tiles. Not sure what happened with the coding after that.
    Interesting clue! They should be able to quickly look into this.
    But also 3* Storm have this fastness. Maybe they reused her code from the 1* version.

These are the guys who constantly break new stuff with every update.
    Stuff that has been working for years.

You seriously think they'll go digging into 4 year old code?
    I don't want to imagine what they'll break if they do that.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    No, it's because they have the lightning animation for match damage. It's either a faster animation or a faster sound effect.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    mexus said:
    But also 3* Storm have this fastness. Maybe they reused her code from the 1* version.

If the wave node passive bug hasn't been fixed in 6 months, nope, not a chance that they'll look into something that is working, just not optimally.
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    Bowgentle said:
    mexus said:

If the wave node passive bug hasn't been fixed in 6 months, nope, not a chance that they'll look into something that is working, just not optimally.
    they break stuff that is "working" in this game all the time. In fact, it seems they are more likely to look at working code and break it, as opposed to looking at broken code and fixing it.