Boosting newly released 5*s is a bad idea

donnel
donnel Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
We've seen gambit boosted for almost a month's worth of pvp events, where a champed 450 is equivalent to a max champed 550ish character. It's hard to make any logical sense of how this came to be other than the most obvious one; entice your playerbase to collect / buy gambit within a short window in order to receive an inordinate, unbridgeable power boost.

In story mode as well, every other event requires you to have a highly covered latest legend in order to have a chance of being competitive. This, as well, makes little to no sense to me other than gating competitive play by wallet. It's not easy to gain covers for a latest legend, having to amass ~260 token pulls to having a good chance of covering the 3 in rotation. Over a longer period of time, sure, you may cover 1-2 of them, but by that point they've already moved to classics and will rarely be featured in story mode.

I know it takes $'s to keep the lights on, but the brazenness of these changes in making competitiveness = buying and keeping up with all the latest legends is both astounding and hard to rationalize. I'm not sure if I'm in the majority or minority of sentiment, but this onslaught of "latest is best" updates makes the game somewhere I increasingly do not want to spend time in.