The new cupcaking?

kevingravy
kevingravy Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
With the new win-based progression system, what's to stop a player before they have any points on the board from queuing up people, using loaners and unboosted characters, and just retreating from battle, giving their opponents free wins? If a large percentage of people did this, we could effectively lower the 40 win threshold for everyone playing PVP and increase progression rewards for all WITHOUT really effecting placement at all. It's not something you would do in the middle of a climb unless you were very unconcerned about placement, but it seems like a tactic that will be utilized at least for alliances if it isn't being used already... 

Comments

• Talestummy
    Talestummy Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Defensive wins do not count
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Before we lock this one up, can someone explain to me what cupcaking, trapcaking and grilling is?
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Before we lock this one up, can someone explain to me what cupcaking, trapcaking and grilling is?
    They are all about leaving an easier team visible. Trapcaking for retals, the other two you let people q and then shield or reset then shield so their hits don’t affect your score.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rod5 said:
    They are all about leaving an easier team visible. Trapcaking for retals, the other two you let people q and then shield or reset then shield so their hits don’t affect your score.
    cupcake was the first version.  "I just baked an easy 1*,1*, featured cupcake team for you to beat and boost your score"

after they tweaked MMR,  The game moved to grilling.  as in "I had to grill a beefier defensive team 5*,featured, 3*champed.

The verbiage only changes based on what the baker's intent/original purpose.

Trapcakes are specifically put out for the random public/general player to hit, and held open for long periods of time.

CC/Grills are the same team, but intended for your alliance and only kept out until your alliance buddies can catch and que.