Forum thread.

2»

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Moved to Suggestions and Feedback per OP's (@aesthetocyst) request
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    I like the idea in general.  It would do a good job of encouraging people to play higher CL's.  
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    @aesthetocyst, they need to hire you already
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    @aesthetocyst that was exactly what I meant in my post. Also your idea of moving up key progressions is brilliant. Incentivize players to play at the highest level possible, NOT at the lowest level
  • Uncletas
    Uncletas Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    I would say instead of the 4* being static in scl6-8 what about a sliding scale?  40 wins in 6, 36 in 7, 31 in 8 and 25 in 9?  Higher SCL less matches but if you are in those scls you are already having to fight harder teams. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Uncletas said:
    I would say instead of the 4* being static in scl6-8 what about a sliding scale?  40 wins in 6, 36 in 7, 31 in 8 and 25 in 9?  Higher SCL less matches but if you are in those scls you are already having to fight harder teams. 
    Common misconception. SCL has nothing to do with the teams you fight, only the pool of players you're competing for placement with (via your points) and the value of those placement rewards.
  • Uncletas
    Uncletas Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    edited November 2017
    I know but if you don’t have the clearance level for scl8, most likely you are not fighting champed 4 stars or 5 stars in the one you do qualify for.   For example I can play in any SCL I want but I will see the same teams regardless. Someone who has a less developed roster but the highest SCL they can get into is 6 will see easier teams than I will. Does not mean they are easier for them but easier in relationship to the teams I’m facing. That is what I meant that people that qualify and are competing in higher brackets are usually seeing harder teams than someone that can only play up to scl6.