BAMF and attacks with primary/team effects

eMouse
eMouse Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
I noticed while playing the PvP event that if you have a team attack power that does a particular amount of damage to the front character and then splashes team damage (3* Widow’s sniper rifle), and Nightcrawler is the primary target, not only will his Bamf avoid the damage, but it means he’s no longer the primary target, passing that designation on to the character behind him.

As a result, that character gets hit for both the primary and the team splash damage!

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    You should also report this to Customer Support, if you haven't yet.
  • eMouse
    Submitted.
  • eMouse
    edited October 2017
    Apparently this is "working as intended."

In regards to this issue, it seems that what you are experiencing is normal game play functionality. We apologize for any confusion or misunderstanding.

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah I don't think the confusion is on your end.

@Tombstone?
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't have anything conclusive for one side of the argument or the other regarding this case (as Nightcrawler is the only character who can passively avoid AoE attacks), but I'll discuss this with the rest of our team for confirmation. Once we have something more conclusive, I'll let you guys know.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I believe there's also occasionally a graphical issue with team damage, especially when characters are moving around during the resolution of the power (Thing, Deadpool, wave changes, etc...) where damage to more than one character gets added together in the floating number, but on inspecting the actual damage that everyone took it seems that everyone did, in fact, take the correct amount of damage.

Time to break out Carnage and go hunt some Nightcrawlers, it would seem. For science!