New release 4 star pvp packs

fmftint
fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
These were removed because?

The last 2 4 star releases have had their pvp packs removed and replaced with a 1:80 vault, why? 

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can't seriously expect any kind of honest answer, can you?

I'm still waiting for the "further info" Brigby promised on win based PVP before the season started.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker

The "& Friends" vault is also fed via the first featured PvE. It appears that it's primary purpose is to nerf hoarding.

For example, if I had been hoarding Thick as Thieves tokens, I could have cashed them in now in an attempt to pull more covers for Nightcrawler. However there's no way for me to have hoarded Nightcrawler & friends tokens before now, so if I want to keep making pulls against that vault, I'll need to spend HP (and I just know that Demiurge would love it if I was paying money for that HP).

So, IMO, it's all just another part of the current "disruption" in regard to hoarding. Demiurge really don't like it when you hoard, because it's the one way in which players can circumvent the odds stacked against them. And if players can create favourable circumstances for themselves, then they will have less - or no - reason to spend money. And if players don't spend money, then the server gets shut down.

So yeah, it's a specifically calculated decision designed to encourage players to spend money. You don't have to like it, you just have to hope that enough other people keep spending.

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Maybe the release PvP tokens were Selling too well?

I mean, if there are no release PvP tokens then people who want a high level new character will have to buy lots of the release PvE tokens with their abysmal new character draw rate instead...

• madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    It kinda hurts though since the SHIELD Training mission requires nightcrawler to be at certain caps to do the nodes. The vault only allows to get one possible cover (unless of course, you whale and reset vaults. At that point does it even matter).

The release PvPs are usually new events, so I don't think it's possible to have hoarded tokens from previous events for those, no?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,737 Chairperson of the Boards
    Because money.