Nightcrawler: BAMF! passive makes him immune to super whales

Options
alaeth
alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
Can a Dev please clarifiy if this is by design?  This is the first character (playable or boss) that cannot be defeated by Deadpool 3 pushed whales (aka "super whales")

Comments

• Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Kaecillius was immune to Super Whales, and I believe one or two other bosses were as well.
    Spider Woman and Elektra can both dodge the damage as well. Airborne characters would also be immune.
    Not the first character to be immune and likely not the last. Also not a bug, sorry.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Deadpool's full-power Whales attack wins the match by doing a very large amount of AoE damage.  It doesn't have any special capabilities beyond that.  It used to do 99,999 damage, but then a few massive health pool or heavily boosted characters managed to exceed that much health and survive.  They increased it, probably to 999,999 or something even crazier.

(This also probably applies to Doc Ock's final phase countdown when matched at one turn remaining, but I've had Doc Ock champed for over a month and still haven't gotten it past phase 3, because it is a stupid power.)
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just thankful I was focusing damage on Crawler while building up to Mega Whales. Figures he’d be immune to it. Also Iron Man 5* with House Party protocol I believe, among the others mentioned.
  • Andy_t88
    Andy_t88 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The key to hitting 5ron man with house party is to Target one of the other suits, they no longer jump in front because they're already in front, then team damage effects the whole team instead of just one suit.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Andy_t88 said:
    The key to hitting 5ron man with house party is to Target one of the other suits, they no longer jump in front because they're already in front, then team damage effects the whole team instead of just one suit.
    That applies to the boss version of Iron Man (Model 46), not the playable 5* version.  For the playable version, the suits are represented by countdown tiles.