What is the real goal for pvp changes?

Options
I have seen the info leading that “with this new system, we have seen more people reach the top 10.” 

Speaking on this... I know that they mean different people. Tested in off season. I don’t see anyone new in top 10.

I want to know why you REALLY robbed us of 1200 progression cp. You want us to buy hp to get packs and health packs. That’s fine. You want us to grind like crazy to get iso. That’s fine. Removing CP for any possible progression for ANYBODY is the dumbest thing to try and have people spend money for.

i get it.. you’re a business and we are you customers. This was one of the worst ways to get attention. Change the pvp format all you want, but don’t remove the right for everyone to earn a way to get a stronger roster with CP.

save the hate for another thread. This is a thread specifically for the missing CP in progression.

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I agree 100%. This is just a slap in the face to the true pvp players. I get wanting to bring more into pvp, we have been saying for some time that PVP has been dying, but this isn't the way. More rewards are, not less. Just like you did to PVE. Removing the 15 CP and an ISO reward is a joke. 
  • Tiggida
    Tiggida Posts: 64 Match Maker
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Every change over the last little while has pointed to them wanting us to use and buy more health paks IMO. It seems like they're trying to get more micro transactions kind of like candy crush does for extra lives to keep playing.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dunno? To get more money from heals? To force players grind more?
    Maybe they wanted the less annoying reward system (which is fine, getting above 800pts for 4* was impossible for most of us, AFAIK), but their judgement of how many wins we needed is very flawed.
    I just got above 600pts with 11 wins... 16 is needed for 10CP... pathetic
  • DirtyDank
    DirtyDank Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I have no idea what genius came up with the win totals needed to reach certain rewards.  I don’t think it’s ever taken 40 wins to reach the 900 pt mark, usually less than half of that.  So now instead of playing for an hour with about a day left in an event I have to play several hours over the course of the event from the start?  No thanks, zero incentive to invest more time into this game for less rewards. 
  • Beta-Ray Bill
    Beta-Ray Bill Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So now we have more opinions, which I agree with all, that pvp after two events is already broken.

the goal for them is for sure to have a freemium game going, but at what cost? Do you really want to lose your large player base for the small group of buyers or whales?

biggest disappointment for me here is gambit is RIGHT around the corner and you cut off our cp supply. Sure in 3-4 days we can get some from pve. But in 2-3 we could have 25 cp.

its slow and clunky. I’d rather go back to the free for all no shield days then this no cp progression style.

you want my money? Do something right again. Because I’m at this point done giving it with this ****. Trust me... I’ve given A LOT of cash to help them do the right thing before and it’s still not happening lol
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I see the change as them getting pvp ready for cl9 which will have the cp in progression...wishful thinking.
  • Beta-Ray Bill
    Options
    I see the change as them getting pvp ready for cl9 which will have the cp in progression...wishful thinking.
    I am hoping you’re right but then they’d have to add another after 40 wins. Or replace the 40 wins 4*.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There's no way that will happen, but if they give the CP to the T25 or T50 then a lot of the complaints would go away.
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just put cp in progression at 32 wins and call it good. 
  • Beta-Ray Bill
    Options
    All I want is the ability to earn my CP in progression. That would fix most of the issues with the new system
  • Zappa
    Zappa Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Could you imagine the 15 cp win at something like 54 wins? or 70? 
  • Beta-Ray Bill
    Options
    I’m good with it. I played 70 or so matches in cat-5 event. Still came it 12th with like 2200 points lol
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’m good with it. I played 70 or so matches in cat-5 event. Still came it 12th with like 2200 points lol
    I played 62, scored 2966, finished 12th
    Why bother?  Why waste my time,  my hero points? To build dupe 3s because most of mine are 266?
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    $$$$$$$
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I wonder if scl5 is 5 because its meant for 5* players?

Cause its fixing to happen lololol
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My guess is the goal is to piss off newer players because it is deliciously ridiculously easy to game this system if all you want is progression. Just purposely retreat with two stars until your point total gets down and you start seeing weak teams again then feast. I'll be getting my Nightcrawler tomorrow. Lots of angry players with weaker rosters once more people figure this out. Playing in scl 5 right now too lol.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    snlf25 said:
    My guess is the goal is to piss off newer players because it is deliciously ridiculously easy to game this system if all you want is progression. Just purposely retreat with two stars until your point total gets down and you start seeing weak teams again then feast. I'll be getting my Nightcrawler tomorrow. Lots of angry players with weaker rosters once more people figure this out. Playing in scl 5 right now too lol.

I can retreat for 3 days straight and will never see lower than dual champed 5s.
    Wish it was that easy.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    snlf25 said:
    PvP tanking is back??
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    snlf25 said:
    PvP tanking is back??

It's not, don't get your hopes up.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    snlf25 said:
    PvP tanking is back??

It's not, don't get your hopes up.
    It's working for me. 300 to 350 points seems to be the sweet spot. I see nothing but Wasp and Gwenpool when I get around 450, I retreat lose my score back into the low 300s and I see nothing but 3* teams. My higest 5* is soft capped at level 310.