PvP Etiquette in the New Format

Options
Warbringa
Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
So with the change to wins for progression, what is the community's thoughts on attacking a player more than once.  Let me give you an example.  I hit a guy and he hit me back in retaliation which I am ok with.  I know I can beat his team every time, and I have no doubt that he can beat my team every time.  I have more points than he does by the points amount.  Is it ok for me to hit him again so that he can hit me back?  He should continue to come out ahead since he is under 30 points when I hit him, meaning I am higher in points.  I doubt that if he is lower than me, that he is really going for placement (I am a casual player) and it should still benefit him in points for us to trade back and forth I would think.  I haven't hit him back again because I wanted to see what other peoples' thoughts were. 

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My guess is where etiquette is going to come into play is if the same guy pops up in your queue three times in a row, because you don't know who's playing for placement and who's just chasing progression.

But trading retaliations, if the points are favoring him, I don't think anybody's going to have an issue with.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think the majority of people going for progression won't care.  I know I got hit multiple times by the same person early in Cat-5 and it didn't bother me at all.

At the top where people are going for placement and shielding, the etiquette will probably stay the same.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    getting hit used to bother me. now i don't care. in fact i'm happy to help someone catch an extra win because it doesn't hurt my progression. 

if i can beat you back i will, feel free to do the same. if i can catch 4 wins off you. i will. 

i hit my 40 wins (was at about 750 points), then played for points and placement. was it 'grinder'? i guess. but i got what i needed.
  • OldManWolvs
    OldManWolvs Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    See points take points, nvm etiquette it’s a game 
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pretty much nothing has changed. Only late joining players will have to join a bit earlier to get the 40 wins.
    I'm already over 100 wins and haven't even played that much due to RL.

• corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    You're far from average player as well. 
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Eh, someone with multiple 5* champs hit me yesterday 4 times within an hour (probably far less than an hour).

Due to the boost list, I don't have a super strong team in the Storm event so I'm sure I look like a tasty treat. 

If you're out there unshielded it's part of the game. We've all got to get our 40 wins.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Doesn't change for me. I will try to be courteous until the matchmaker makes it impossible. Then, I'll hit who I have to. 
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    baby hit me 40 times
    i don't care. 
    gonna hit you, too. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've actually been trying to beat fights using the weakest team I can, so they hopefully get an easy retal. More than happy to trade retals.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I've actually been trying to beat fights using the weakest team I can, so they hopefully get an easy retal. More than happy to trade retals.
    Some people just don't get this.
    I hit Panthos with 4s trying to get people to get into retal wars with lower teams, no dice.
    Instead, people with a single champed 5 hit me.
    Sigh.
    Sorry, but I'll walk all over you with my 5s when I actually start climbing for real.
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Some people just don't get this.
    I hit Panthos with 4s trying to get people to get into retal wars with lower teams, no dice.
    Instead, people with a single champed 5 hit me.
    Sigh.
    Sorry, but I'll walk all over you with my 5s when I actually start climbing for real.
    This is so true.  I frequently use weaker teams in Sim hoping for the same (and the occasional person reciprocates) but mostly people just mow you over with their trio of champed 5's on their march to 74 wins.
  • corytutor
    Options
    Im actually at 300 with 2* out for nightcrawler. Getting good retals. Very. Very. Very. Slowly
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would say everything is up in the air at this points when wins are more important than points, I am going to hit whoever I know I can beat if they hit me back enjoy the easy win.  It is not person this is how win based progression works.  If you are skipping the easy win because you feel bad about hitting somebody multiple times you are a fool.  This is a game and if you are getting upset that somebody is attacking you don't play wins matter now it is time to accept that and "enjoy" the new meta.  Most people do not have a roster where they can be so picky that they can "play nice".  Not sure if I like this win progression but it is going to make things interesting. :)
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    do what you want, it's a game for crying out loud - 
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The whole idea of "etiquette" was always stupid. Now it's also unsustainable.
  • Punishu777
    Punishu777 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    All the "wins based progression" change did was make it so the seals (aka weaker rosters) get multi-tapped once I break MMR. I don't care if you're worth 70 points or 7 points, I'm not skipping. So if you're in my q and I can beat your team, I will. 

I can't wait until all these low rosters who were so enthusiastic about this change see the champ 5 players move into cl 5 and cl6 and they can't get t10 anymore. It will be sweet justice. 
  • corytutor
    Options
    Preach pun
  • Beta-Ray Bill
    Beta-Ray Bill Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Pvp. There is no etiquette. I hit you for your points. If you want to hit back great. Either way if your out and I want to play the game as best as I can and as easy, I’ll hit you. Meaning if you don’t want to get hit... shield or don’t play pvp