How is 5* Spider Man?

Options
Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
Aw jeez guys, I'm in such a pickle.

I'm desperately trying to get my 4*s all completed but when opening the hoard I suddenly realised I've applied my 13th Spider Man cover. So I now have three 13 cover 5*s and I'm not sure what to do.

For one thing, I'm gonna keep working on my 4*s (despite my rotten luck at pulling Rogue covers) but I'm anxious about taking that step into 5* land. I have OML, Pheonix and Spider Man at 13 covers now. Silver Surfer's at the perfect 4/4/4 spec so he might be next.

Any advice? Is he worth doing?

Comments

• msp2211
    msp2211 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've champed both Phoenix and Pete in the past 2 weeks. The transition is tough, I won't lie. Phoenix is a huge target due to her low health. Bring all 3 up at once, if you can. Pete is pretty good. Pair him with Miles for the transition. Miles is Thanos food however. You will be at the bottom of the 5* mmr with only 1 champ. Pete and Phoenix overlap green, their best power. But, Phoenix's purple feeds Pete's red. Make sure to set her at 5 purple. All of this is assuming you take the plunge.

If not, don't pull legendaries. Don't waste your 5* covers. The champ rewards are awesome, so save your pulls until you are ready. 

PVE gets easier with 5* champs, PVP gets harder and you have to use different strategies and shield hop points. It is a personal choice. Good luck either way!
  • ValekBoss
    ValekBoss Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    msp2211 said:
    I've champed both Phoenix and Pete in the past 2 weeks. The transition is tough, I won't lie. Phoenix is a huge target due to her low health. Bring all 3 up at once, if you can. Pete is pretty good. Pair him with Miles for the transition. Miles is Thanos food however. You will be at the bottom of the 5* mmr with only 1 champ. Pete and Phoenix overlap green, their best power. But, Phoenix's purple feeds Pete's red. Make sure to set her at 5 purple. All of this is assuming you take the plunge.

If not, don't pull legendaries. Don't waste your 5* covers. The champ rewards are awesome, so save your pulls until you are ready. 

PVE gets easier with 5* champs, PVP gets harder and you have to use different strategies and shield hop points. It is a personal choice. Good luck either way!
    Overlap green?! No they do not.
    Phoenix green is only active after she resurects...and if she dies it pretty much game over with all the Panthos around.

Aw jeez guys, I'm in such a pickle.

I'm desperately trying to get my 4*s all completed but when opening the hoard I suddenly realised I've applied my 13th Spider Man cover. So I now have three 13 cover 5*s and I'm not sure what to do.

For one thing, I'm gonna keep working on my 4*s (despite my rotten luck at pulling Rogue covers) but I'm anxious about taking that step into 5* land. I have OML, Pheonix and Spider Man at 13 covers now. Silver Surfer's at the perfect 4/4/4 spec so he might be next.

Any advice? Is he worth doing?
    I like PP and once he gets rolling he hits pretty hard. Did you max your other 5* you have 13 covers or just at 13 covers? 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    All of my 5*s are level 255. I've not put a single ISO into any of them since they weren't particularly interesting and seemed way too hard to max out.

then suddenly that 25% chance got me seven OMLs in a row, all useful, and I managed to get a couple more Pheonixes...and then recently I end up completing Spidey. Not to mention my 4*s are nearly all done.

So it's feeling like it's going to be time to take the leap soon...but hoo boy is that a lot of ISO to earn. It's not so bad with 4*s, you can get a 14th cover and then pour all your ISO into them an get them champed within the 14 days. Not so much for the 600k for a 5*.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm roughly in the same boat as you.  I have 15 4*s left to champ, between 2 and 10 covers on all of the 5*s, and all the 5*s are at level 255.
    My hope is to finish my 4*s in the next few months, then start leveling all the 5*s together.  That plan will likely go out the window if I get 13 covers on one of the 5*s.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    I need them to stop releasing 4*s for, like...2 months. Let me build up some ISO and play catch up.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I need them to stop releasing 4*s for, like...2 months. Let me build up some ISO and play catch up.

Sadly I Think the best you can hope for is more double ISO events...
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    Bumping this to ask...when is 5* Spidey set to leave the tokens?

I'm wondering if I can get him champed within time to earn a cover or two for him if I manage to champ him. It would suck if I manage to champ him right as he leaves everything.
  • ValekBoss
    Options
    Bumping this to ask...when is 5* Spidey set to leave the tokens?

I'm wondering if I can get him champed within time to earn a cover or two for him if I manage to champ him. It would suck if I manage to champ him right as he leaves everything.
    Around the 27th of November...
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would expect the 20th, two weeks after the Friends from Work token closes
  • ValekBoss
    Options
    CT1888 said:
    I would expect the 20th, two weeks after the Friends from Work token closes
    Sounds more accurate yeah,,

• Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    Ah that bites...not enough time to fix my broken 2*s and champ Gambit *and* get enough ISO in reserve in case I pull a cover for him.

I guess I'll just pour *some* ISO into him eventually and hope I get lucky with covers when he drops off.

Or I could forget it entirely and work on Daredevil, maybe?
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Gambit is who you need to be chasing. He's the top five star out there and it's going to be hard to compete without him for a long time.