Should I champ my remaining 3* characters?

Options
NotBAMF
NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2017 in Roster and Level Help
So I'm well into the 3-to-4 transition with about 7-9 champed 4* characters (I don't recall the exact figure, but it's thereabouts). I'm mostly working on improving my 4* game.

But I have a handful of 3* characters that I have not champed yet, mostly because they are characters I don't have much use for (Vision, Daken, She-Hulk, Beast, Psylocke) or just haven't had a chance to build enough covers for (Gambit and Elektra, who are 4/4/3 and 3/2/3 respectively). All of these characters are way back in the level 40 to 66 range.

Right now I have access to around 520,000 ISO (if I sell my three maxed out 2* characters) that I had been intending to use on 4* characters, but I'm thinking... should I bother with my remaining 3*?

Most notable are Daken and Vision, both of whom are at 13 covers with a spare on the vine that I could use to get a legendary token. 

But I also eventually want to champ Gambit since he seems useful, and he'd only require 40 CP to do so (I have him as my sole bonus hero, but I haven't managed to pull a bonus hero since I made him one). 

So I figure here are my options:

1) Continue doing nothing. Let the Vision and Daken covers go. Those few remaining 3* characters aren't useful and not worth champing. Just sit on the Iso for now for the 4* characters who will need it.

2) Let the Vision and Taken covers go, but spend the CP and Iso on Gambit because he us good. Get him into the game. Use the rest of the resources on 4*

3) Wait Gambit out; his covers will come and just use the Iso to champ Vision and Daken since they are giving me LT's. 

4) Spend the CP on Gambit and champ all three of them (Gambit, Daken, and Vision). Iso ain't no thang!

5) Other?

I'm just not sure that where I am in the game that those remaining 3* characters are any use at all. I mean, should I bother championing all of these characters eventually? Or are they fine where they are? 

Comments

• granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yes, champ them all. The increase in resources coming in down the line is worth the output now.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    granne is correct. Champ them all. I still use Daken - he's a true healer, strike tile generator, with a cheap blue and a lot of utility. Don't sleep on She-Hulk - put her with IM40 and 3cage, set IM40's blue to 5 and cage's red to 5 and you have one of the most potent denial teams this side of the Hood. I never use Beast and Vision unless they're required in a node but I like their champ rewards. Gambit is a no-brainer - I set him as my lone bonus 3-star hoping to pile on the champ levels and get him into my rotation.

I have 22 champed 4-stars and there are still times when not a single one is boosted, which was the case this week until I just champed my Rocket & Groot. I still lean on my 3-stars and having them all champed is a comfy, cozy feeling.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, the Champ rewards are definitely worth it. I'd go with option 3. Gambit covers will come soon enough, and it's not like he's 5/5/1.
  • NotBAMF
    Options
    Thanks for the thoughts so far, everyone. I appreciate the help as always. 
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Champion all 3*s.  3* champion rewards are crucial to keeping up with resources.
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'll agree with the above crowd.  Champ all of the three star characters as you have time.  I wouldn't spend the CP on Gambit just yet, only when you stand to lose a cover if you don't.
  • NotBAMF
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Update: I have, indeed, champed Vision and Daken. I also got a 14th cover for She-Hulk and champed her, too. And today, I got the 12th and 13th covers for Gambit from bonus covers finally.  Haven't champed him yet (I figure I'll wait until I get the 14th cover to do that). 

So assuming I champ Gambit soon, that'll just leave Beast, Psylocke, and Elektra, I think. 
  • lakantanz
    lakantanz Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Well done, you should find your resource acquisition increasing by heaps!
  • Tyrlaan
    Tyrlaan Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    granne is correct. Champ them all. I still use Daken - he's a true healer, strike tile generator, with a cheap blue and a lot of utility. Don't sleep on She-Hulk - put her with IM40 and 3cage, set IM40's blue to 5 and cage's red to 5 and you have one of the most potent denial teams this side of the Hood. I never use Beast and Vision unless they're required in a node but I like their champ rewards. Gambit is a no-brainer - I set him as my lone bonus 3-star hoping to pile on the champ levels and get him into my rotation.

I have 22 champed 4-stars and there are still times when not a single one is boosted, which was the case this week until I just champed my Rocket & Groot. I still lean on my 3-stars and having them all champed is a comfy, cozy feeling.
    A bit off topic from the OP, but I get pretty good mileage out of Beast. I use him with Blade and Psylocke, and find the team quite effective. They're my go to for the Big Enchilada.