Would you buy from a weekly 5* store?

Options
dkffiv
dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Part of the problem with the 5* transition is that its impossible to complete a character before it rotates out of latest unless you stockpile.  Characters in classic are virtually impossible to complete due to the less than 1% chance per roll.  

My suggestion is for a weekly store (similar to how we had Cosmic Legends).  It will contain 3 5* that rotate on a weekly basis, containing the 5* required for PvE for the week (~3 PvE per week, 2 are from latest 1 is a classic) plus 2 other favorable 5* (Banner and Doc Oc will rarely appear, Star-Lord Phoenix and Black Widow would not occur as often, etc).  Cost set at 20 CP, 4% drop rate per character (12% 5* / 88% 4*).  The 4* can be evenly distributed, removing the 3x bonus occurrence for recent characters to make it more of a gamble.  The chance of 5* per CP is the same as 15% / 25 CP but you will obtain more 4* overall (still not as good of a "value" as the classic 20 CP per pull).  Cover exchanges would not be allowed in this store.

If this store was in place, how would you primarily spend your CP?

(I currently save CP and use it on the New Character Release stores but would use the weekly store if it was available)

Would you buy from a weekly 5* store? 27 votes

I would use CP on the Latest Legends store
25%
KolenceRemoDestroyerOrionevade420brollThePunishersvinsensual 7 votes
I would use CP on the Classic Legends store
7%
FelessaPants1000 2 votes
I would save CP and use it on a New Character Release store
3%
turbomoose 1 vote
I would save and use CP on the Weekly Legends store when a character I want appears
40%
dkffivYasuruGrizz875corytutorBlackBoltRocksJarvind[Deleted User]bOmbastBobby_LishezJPCQspacedwarf 11 votes
I would buy 5* covers directly
11%
afsplatrdvargas1Screen Monkey 3 votes
I would buy 3/4* covers directly
11%
Capmarv86MirrorKnightSkadenFrudee 3 votes

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I only want different stores if I can use all my tokens on it.

New stores with new variants of LTs that dilute my pulls?
    Nope, do not want.

Let me use my regular LTs on any store and I'm on board.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What would i buy things with now that my CP income is cut down?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Here is the thing.  With D3 going 3 latest in PVE and then 2 classic it only makes sense to pull latest covers.  This way you can champ latest 5* and actually play CL9 in PVE.  They have completely de-insentavized pulling classic.  They need to start placing 5* in progression rewards in high CL.  In CL9 in PVE complete 6 clears on all get a 5*.  Or CL9 in PVP 40 wins get s you a 5*.  The fact of the matter is the best way to get a champ 5* is the latest and just ignore classic.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime said:
    Here is the thing.  With D3 going 3 latest in PVE and then 2 classic it only makes sense to pull latest covers.  This way you can champ latest 5* and actually play CL9 in PVE.  They have completely de-insentavized pulling classic.  They need to start placing 5* in progression rewards in high CL.  In CL9 in PVE complete 6 clears on all get a 5*.  Or CL9 in PVP 40 wins get s you a 5*.  The fact of the matter is the best way to get a champ 5* is the latest and just ignore classic.
    Please stop.
    Just stop.
    Guaranteed 5 from progression means 6* are right around the corner.
    Nobody wants that.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They're never going to give a 5* in progression. At best, CL10 will give you LTs for top 10. Guaranteed 5*s would break the game by making every other reward meaningless.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wouldn't pull from that store.  Instead of all this round about just give us a 5* only store, maybe you have to be a certain shield rank to access it, 100? Maybe a little less, idc. Also make it expensive, there's still a chance of unusable covers so 100-150 cp per pull. At my rate that's 1 or 2 pulls a week. I don't believe it would be game breaking with 19 5* characters and, at least, one more coming soon. I would gladly do that for a guaranteed 5* cover. I'm in the 4*-5* transition, I need a good source to get covers especially for a few of those classic ones- see my signature......
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If cover swaps remain on latest tokens, then any other option has to drastically less expensive to be compelling.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would save and use CP on the Weekly Legends store when a character I want appears
    Milk Jugz said:
    I wouldn't pull from that store.  Instead of all this round about just give us a 5* only store, maybe you have to be a certain shield rank to access it, 100? Maybe a little less, idc. Also make it expensive, there's still a chance of unusable covers so 100-150 cp per pull. At my rate that's 1 or 2 pulls a week. I don't believe it would be game breaking with 19 5* characters and, at least, one more coming soon. I would gladly do that for a guaranteed 5* cover. I'm in the 4*-5* transition, I need a good source to get covers especially for a few of those classic ones- see my signature......
    At 15% / 20 cp, you get one 5* every 132 CP spent on average. At 12% / 20 cp or 15% / 25 cp it's 167 cp.  Of course you need to factor in hot or cold streaks but on average it should be a better value due to the 4* covers you receive.

My Black Bolt is 6/2/1, I'd need 3600 cp to buy the 5 covers directly.  If he's featured in a new release store at 5% / 25 cp, I can expect to get a cover every 500 or so cp.  I think I'd take the gamble on getting 7 covers with 3500 cp, hoping 5 are useful, along with all the other 4* and 5* covers.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Unless they sold for 20 CP or had a higher % pull rate I would probably chase Latest. My acquition rate I’m getting seems like it’s barely enough to keep up with. That plus the power creep that seems to be coming with the latest and the fact that I already have Thanos at 13 and BP at 11 I cant see chasing anything but new inless there was clear CP savings. 

I’ll slowly fill out the classic 5*s with BH and wait until they inevitably give better ways to acquire them (event rewards and in cheaper / easier to get packs for example). 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dkffiv said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    At 15% / 20 cp, you get one 5* every 132 CP spent on average. At 12% / 20 cp or 15% / 25 cp it's 167 cp.  Of course you need to factor in hot or cold streaks but on average it should be a better value due to the 4* covers you receive.

My Black Bolt is 6/2/1, I'd need 3600 cp to buy the 5 covers directly.  If he's featured in a new release store at 5% / 25 cp, I can expect to get a cover every 500 or so cp.  I think I'd take the gamble on getting 7 covers with 3500 cp, hoping 5 are useful, along with all the other 4* and 5* covers.
    I understand what you're saying, but say a 5* only vault is 100 cp. I, personally, would take the 35 5* covers and keep pulling my 4* from the LL with the tokens I earn. I need 5* covers more than 4* covers at this point. Even at 150 cp that's still 23 guaranteed 5* covers, I'm not specifically interested in 1 of them as with the 5* node they will all be featured at some point.
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    1 in 7 is advertised. 140-175 for one cover on average. So for 100cp its a deal. 

Ive got toons ive been chasing since day of release like bb. Bh hwlped until i had 5 yellow. Then it hurt. Ive spent well over 36 pulls chasing cover 13. With gambit out now ive resolved to just burn the 720 to get it. Hopefully the first and last time for a 720 purchase but i just dont tbink i could get it in 36 pulls.