Gwenpool's gun tile is not a "special tile" ?

When my gwenpool faced off against moonstone, her gun tile was still on the board when moonstone fired gravity warp and damage was dealt. 
The gun tile doesn't count as special?

Comments

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't know if it would count as 'special'; Yelena would be a better opponent to test that against.

But are you sure it was placed on a color that Moonstone could actually warp? It can only warp 'any color' special tile at 5 covers.
  • Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Wouldn’t “any colour” be all the colours?? So she should warp any special tile at lvl 5
  • Toastedpet
    Toastedpet Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Wouldn’t “any colour” be all the colours?? So she should warp any special tile at lvl 5
    That's what I thought. It was some node in the hunt event and after she dealt damage I checked her power description and sure enough it said any color. I'm pretty sure it was a green gun tile.

• Infrared
    Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Doc Ock's tentacle tile is also not affected by Moonstone. I checked the power description within the match, and it was level 5, supposed to warp "a random enemy special tile", not limited by colour.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I think the game views it a Chekov's gun, not Gwenpool's, so no one owns the tile - it is neutral. That's why it would not count as the 'enemy's special tile'.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the game views it a Chekov's gun, not Gwenpool's, so no one owns the tile - it is neutral. That's why it would not count as the 'enemy's special tile'.
    I... do not agree.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey guys, sorry that I'm late to the party on this one, but I was having some trouble looking up the information that I needed for this one. Fortunately, I was able to find this information on Helpshift. If you're interested, you can find this information using the following link below:

https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=gameplay-tips&f=what-types-of-tiles-are-there&l=en

To clarify, Gwenpool (Gwen Poole)'s Chekov's Gun Tile is a character tile and not a special tile. Because of this, it cannot be affected by abilities which target special tiles. Because this ability specifically states "special tiles" on the description, Moonstone (Dark Avengers)' Gravity Warp (Purple) cannot affect the Chekov's Gun tile.

Hopefully this clarification helps to settle any confusion you might have on these types of tiles.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Then we have a different issue, because I used Spider-Woman's purple power to get rid of some Plot Armor tiles, and it got rid of Chekov's Gun too. It actually cost me a fight because I had read this thread and felt secure knowing that it wouldn't be affected  :D
  • DeNappa
    Tombstone said:
    Hey guys, sorry that I'm late to the party on this one, but I was having some trouble looking up the information that I needed for this one. Fortunately, I was able to find this information on Helpshift. If you're interested, you can find this information using the following link below:

https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=gameplay-tips&f=what-types-of-tiles-are-there&l=en

To clarify, Gwenpool (Gwen Poole)'s Chekov's Gun Tile is a character tile and not a special tile. Because of this, it cannot be affected by abilities which target special tiles. Because this ability specifically states "special tiles" on the description, Moonstone (Dark Avengers)' Gravity Warp (Purple) cannot affect the Chekov's Gun tile.

Hopefully this clarification helps to settle any confusion you might have on these types of tiles.
    I see the 'repeater' tiles are currently missing from that list.

Sim Mayor said:
    Then we have a different issue, because I used Spider-Woman's purple power to get rid of some Plot Armor tiles, and it got rid of Chekov's Gun too. It actually cost me a fight because I had read this thread and felt secure knowing that it wouldn't be affected  :D
    :fearful:
    (also: why doesn't this surprise me? :mrgreen: )
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    DeNappa said:
    Tombstone said:

I see the 'repeater' tiles are currently missing from that list.
    Well, they are newer than when that list was made. Not that that's a very good excuse for not having updated in the past however many weeks.
  • Dayv
    Sim Mayor said:
    I've also seen Yelena's "Payback Mission" convert a Silver Surfer black hole tile into a critical, so that's another case of a skill that targets "special tiles" also affecting "character tiles".  I always thought this was intended behavior.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dayv said:
    Sim Mayor said:
    I've also seen Yelena's "Payback Mission" convert a Silver Surfer black hole tile into a critical, so that's another case of a skill that targets "special tiles" also affecting "character tiles".  I always thought this was intended behavior.
    And I just got hit by a Payback Mission that didn't convert Black Bolt's Motivation Tile into a Critical.
  • Infrared
    I had Black Bolt's motivation tile out. Gravity Warp did damage but did not affect the board in any way.
  • DeNappa
    While on the topic of Black Hole tiles: a black hole tile can consume another black hole tile (saw this once in a match). While this is probably intended (the description says 'consumes random tiles'), it's still a bit weird. And it bugs me that it didn't result in some kind of 'Super black hole' tile.
  • Infrared
    I suppose it would produce gravitational waves. Cast gravity warp for free! Or Reed Richards could have another ability:

Nobel Prize (passive)
    When Reed Richards observes a gravitational wave event, you gain 9 CP.
  • Toastedpet
    Toastedpet Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Tombstone said:

Cool, that link was helpful. 
    Now a new question, why can't I see the page through the game? 
    I've been playing this game for 1200-plus days and never knew a list like that existed.
  • Dayv
    @Tombstone before we start opening a bunch of bug reports on which character tiles are or aren't affected as expected by skills that specify "special tiles", could you check in with the devs on whether there are any already known issues here?

I suspect that, especially given the examples of Yelana and Moonstone, the problems might be with special-tile-affecting skills that were coded before character tiles were a thing that existed.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Dayv said:
    @Tombstone before we start opening a bunch of bug reports on which character tiles are or aren't affected as expected by skills that specify "special tiles", could you check in with the devs on whether there are any already known issues here?

I suspect that, especially given the examples of Yelana and Moonstone, the problems might be with special-tile-affecting skills that were coded before character tiles were a thing that existed.
    Not to mention there's still the unresolved (or at least unexplained) issue of why Hex Bolt and Bit of Both seem to treat Charged tiles as being friendly or unfriendly even though other powers don't, and the guide says they're not owned by anyone.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    I'll go ahead and talk with the rest of our team to confirm each of these reports and issues, but so far we're having trouble confirming any of these reports. All of the powers that have been tested so far that effect Special Tiles have not been effecting Character Tiles as expected.

I'll try talking with them once we have more information, so if you could provide us with the following that would be greatly helpful on our end:

* Please provide us with the list of characters on both teams (Both yours and your opponents). 
    * Which Character's Character Tile was affected by which characters ability?
    * Please confirm if this was a friendly tile targeted by the enemy or an enemy tile targeted by an ally.
    * If possible, can you provide us with a screenshot of the examples provided? (PNG or JPEG only).

Once I have this information, I'll relay it to the rest of the team for further testing.
  • Jaedenkaal