PvP - Where's my Defender Wins?

veneretio
veneretio Posts: 76 Match Maker
I noticed during testing and now that PvP win progression is implemented that I'll frequently get a message saying my +/- points as well as if I've won any games on defence. These wins aren't added to my progression total. Perhaps they should be? 

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    No.  Never were. You can't boost wins. That would be terrible because all could do that then. 
  • veneretio
    No.  Never were. You can't boost wins. That would be terrible because all could do that then. 
    You could put a daily cap on it to prevent abuse.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I always laugh when I see these.  It's seems to further point to the likelihood that absolutely nothing was changed from the first 'test' to the implementation.  My guess is they originally planned to include defensive wins but thought better of it before the first test.  They did a quick (probably last minute) change and haven't touched it sense.  Just reeks of sloppy development practices...  This is why we can't have nice things.
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    broll said:
    I always laugh when I see these.  It's seems to further point to the likelihood that absolutely nothing was changed from the first 'test' to the implementation.  My guess is they originally planned to include defensive wins but thought better of it before the first test.  They did a quick (probably last minute) change and haven't touched it sense.  Just reeks of sloppy development practices...  This is why we can't have nice things.
    Very much yes
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Par for the course.
    Have some new boosts instead of a fix for that.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Defensive wins would take some of the sting out of grinding for 40, that's for sure
  • Sandmaker
    Sandmaker Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    The only realistic way to make a non-abusive defensive win system would be to make it semi- zero sum.

So for example: if you lose while attacking, you lose a win. The defender never loses win, but only gains a win on a successful defense if the attacker lose a win (i.e. not already at zero wins).   
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sandmaker said:
    The only realistic way to make a non-abusive defensive win system would be to make it semi- zero sum.

So for example: if you lose while attacking, you lose a win. The defender never loses win, but only gains a win on a successful defense if the attacker lose a win (i.e. not already at zero wins).   
    I would love that.  I could boost my ally mates and then make it up later.  Heck yes please.  Btw I do think wipes should be a -1 anyway. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,605 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Why would you guess they planned to include defensive wins but took them out? There's no evidence to back that up, making the claim that it's sloppy development unfair.
  • veneretio
    JHawkInc said:
    broll said:
    Why would you guess they planned to include defensive wins but took them out? There's no evidence to back that up, making the claim that it's sloppy development unfair.
    The evidence is when you enter the game and it gives you a +/- points update, it also tells you how many games you won (on defence) while you were gone.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Too bad there's no way to programatically detect an actually defensive win vs a retreat or cupcake,  as a function of the team you used and the time it took.  I expect nothing anymore, lowers cognitive dissonance.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wins based off of Defensive wins would be great. However, I also understand it could be easily exploited.
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    It’s unbelievably easy to exploit, it led to the original defence wins nerf a couple of years back. Thoughout the game, people have always been looking to make life easier for rewards, the Developers always trying to close those gaps!
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    I want defensive wins, I'd join the same slice as all my alliance mates, just to trade retreats. 40 wins could never be so easy
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Doc L said:
    It’s unbelievably easy to exploit, it led to the original defence wins nerf a couple of years back. Thoughout the game, people have always been looking to make life easier for rewards, the Developers always trying to close those gaps!
    It wouldn't be easy to exploit if they hide the player's names. Why are the player's name even visible? So you don't hit your alliance mate? Then block us from battling anyone in our alliance.

Defense wins don't occur that often, maybe 2-5 average per event, outside of Shield Sim (for me anyway). The defense wins would definitely help with the grind.