bk1234
bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
They’re listening. 

Comments

• Krishna
    Krishna Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    babar3355 said:

Round of applause for Oktagon and @Brigby

Also, seems like they are trying to lighten the workload on their customer service team by increasing the size of the elite packs.

could be a motivating factor, or maybe they just want players to have access to more mythic cards? nah.
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Krishna said:
    babar3355 said:

Round of applause for Oktagon and @Brigby

Also, seems like they are trying to lighten the workload on their customer service team by increasing the size of the elite packs.

could be a motivating factor, or maybe they just want players to have access to more mythic cards? nah.
    A regular player will not get access to more mythics this way. 

I'd say it's harder to actually get one you aim for.
    If you're like me you can scrape together jewels for one pack/month (rewards from mainly placing in 25-50 spots and doing all five ToP every week).
    With the former packs you waited out a rotation that had one or more cards you wanted and you had a (not in reality with Masterpieces having lower chance though) 1/8 to get your card.
    Now there is 1/15 with this pack.

But maybe others like this approach to just increase the chance of a non-dupe, not really caring wich one.

• Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor

All I have to say is WOW.

Cannot believe that they not only switched to 6 hour charges, but also reduced the progression requirement.  In addition, the Boss health is at 35% right now (Sunday morning EST) which indicates that they may have also reduced the Boss HP.

It's simply amazing that these modifications all make the event better.  Hibernum would have made one single change, and broken four other things in the process.

• Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    33% increase in time between charges.

20% decrease in boss hp

20% decrease in max progression

It's a rare occasion when they release actual numbers. 

Event's not over yet, but it would seem that for the first weekend of the new format at least... Looks like the losers are the ones who have difficulty doing complete clears.

It's not better for everyone. 

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    I  think it's enough of an improvement to the rest of the player base that I don't mind the strugglers taking somewhat of a hit on this one. You were right in the other thread that the number of tries is reduced. 
  • Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Thank you thank you thank you. Now can you please post your drop rates so octal9s Work load can decreas as well.
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, kudos on the 6-hour recharge. 8 would've been better, but this is still a step-up, so thanks.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    I think i like 6 more than 8 now. 6 hours lets me do stuff on the weekend without the pressure of feeling like my charges are filling up, and it still lets the boss hp fall steadily. I think it's perfect as is. 
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think i like 6 more than 8 now. 6 hours lets me do stuff on the weekend without the pressure of feeling like my charges are filling up, and it still lets boss hp fall steadily. I think it's perfect as is. 

I agree. 6 hours really seems like a sweet spot. Well done, Oktagon.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    i too like the new 6 hour refreshes for rotgp. it's Goldilocks.