New Elite Pack

babar3355
babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards

@Brigby Thanks to everyone at D3 and Oktagon for getting us back on track with the recent maintenance.

One question I can't help but ask is whether the KLD block is going to rotate out of standard when Ixalan is released.  I hope the answer is yes, but it will influence my decision on whether to spend mana jewels on KLD cards.

There was also speculation that perhaps masterpeices would be evergreen in standard, but I don't think there was anything said by D3 that would give this speculation any credibility.

Can you give us whatever knowledge you have?  Also, anything else that occurred with the maintenance that we should be aware of?

Thanks!

Comments

• Krishna
    Krishna Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    beat me to it lol
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @babar3355
    Ooh. Great question about the Standard rotation. I don't know off the top of my head, but I'll be sure to discuss that topic with the rest of the team.

When it comes to the rest of the content added during the server maintenance, I plan on posting a mini-patch notes in the forum shortly.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm hoping Kld will rotate out of Standard for the game's longevity... But I'll still be rolling for the Kld masterpieces because I missed out the last time. 
  • HypnoticSpecter
    HypnoticSpecter Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Very good pack, though the standard question is a good one.

@Brigby would it be possible for them to give us the full 2 weeks for this one like elite packs usually get? It's currently set up only for 1 week. Though if Kaladesh is rotating soon, perhaps one week would be better.
  • babar3355
    Very good pack, though the standard question is a good one.

@Brigby would it be possible for them to give us the full 2 weeks for this one like elite packs usually get? It's currently set up only for 1 week. Though if Kaladesh is rotating soon, perhaps one week would be better.
    Ew, I really hope not. My assumption is they will bring out a new one every week rather than every two weeks which is great from my perspective.  It stinks when a bad pack just languishes in the vault for two whole weeks!
  • Daddystyx
    Daddystyx Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Please make rotations every week.  More selection is better.   Provide an ingame pole to vote on if you would like to get a consensus. @Brigby
  • naphomci
    naphomci Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby
    What if the new pack isn't showing for me?
  • Daddystyx
    Close and reopen the game after a hard Phone reset.  
  • naphomci
    naphomci Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Force stopping the app in the Application Manager did the trick
  • Drewster
    Drewster Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Just counting sets that have masterpieces as real new ones would be cool. Like don't phase out kaladesh or at least the masterpieces until dominaria comes out
  • Dutchrudder
    Dutchrudder Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    I like the KLD Elite Pack idea, I just wish it came a few months ago when it would have been a lot more useful. 

I think a better option for Elite Packs would be to have a 2 week rotation staggered for each of the current standard packs. It would be nice to have more options with an Origins Elite Pack, KLD Elite Pack, AKH Elite Pack and HOU Elite Pack. Rotate 2 of the packs each week, and let players choose what to they want to shoot for. More options and more card selection would entice players to keep coming back. If you were willing to have all 4 in the vault concurrently, and rotate one on Mondays and another on Thursdays, I think it would generate a lot more interest in the game. 

Maybe make the older packs cheaper, since they will be out of standard soon, or throw in a random sale for half off Origins Elite packs, since those cards are the oldest. I bet a lot of people would appreciate that. I know I would spend all my purples trying to get a Gaea's Revenge! :)
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Paper isn't really a great point of comparison for the game since these are fundamentally different by necessity.  But I should note that the Kaladesh/Aether Revolt block is in the paper standard format even after release of Ixalan.  Different games so it doesn't necessarily mean anything (Like Origins remaining standard barring a major rewrite as it's the only set you start with having usable decks for you PW in).  But worth noting.
  • Chad739
    Chad739 Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Im good with rotating out KLD as Ixtlan releases, but why not keep Aether Revolt until Rivals of Ixtlan is released (the following set)?  
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't see any reason to spend purple jewels until AKH rotates out of Standard...
  • Daddystyx
    I just want a pack with Omni in it.  All other purple packs are a waste of purple.  
  • ManiiNames
    ManiiNames Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    I would rather not see Omni in a pack, because then it would be widespread. Frankly the card is broken. 
  • Krishna
    Krishna Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    no word from @Brigby as to the state of KLD/ AER in standard once Ixalan is released?

I rolled an Elite Pack anyway, but still would be really good to know the devs plans for standard.
  • babar3355
    @Brigby, any word on KLD block rotating out with the arrival of Ixalan?  We only have a few more hours left to decide if we want to try for a sword.
  • HypnoticSpecter
    HypnoticSpecter Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Yes, the Standard rotation is something we need a definitive answer on.
  • babar3355
    Did you ever get an answer to this question @Brigby?