4-* champ rewards need to be updated to give 5*s

Arix90
Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
we have enough 5*s now that it is becoming so hard to cover the old ones, 4* champ rewards should at least  updated to give 5* covers of specific characters

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    While that would be nice, I can imagine the outcry already.  Say they set the first 5* reward at level 310.  All of those people that have 4*s past that point wouldn't be too happy about missing a guaranteed 5*.  Heck, I have  12 4*s past that point myself.  That's nearly a fully-covered 5* I'd miss out on.

Plus there's 58 4*s and only 19 5*s.  So each 5* has 3 feeders?  D3 would be worried about people covering the 5*s too quickly.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    How about this:
    Legendary shards - For 20 shards, you could upgrade a skill of 5* hero (as an alternative to CP upgrade). Some shards (1,2, or 3 on higher levels) could be obtained from upgrading 4*s (total would be, lets say 40 per 100 levels of 4* champs).

OR, you may get one shard (plus the usual reward) for each champion level added to a 4* cover. Cost of 5* upgrade could be f.e. 50 shards.

Why shards? Well, few simple reasons:
    1. Universal currency, so 5* wont be fed by specific 4*, so no changes with new 5* released.
    2. You can choose what will you invest in - imagine a pain of accidentaly promoting 4* that would gives you useless colour for 5* you need (trust me, i have 0/5/0 Green Goblin :/ ).Shards = no colours and no specific hero.
    Absence of color is crucial, considering the drop rates of specific color of a specific 5*.
    3. You will be getting shards (=5*s) more frequently, than, lets say one 5* per 30 or 50 levels.
    Instead of focusing on single 4*, you could upgrade more of them at once (which happens naturally, since LTs are RNG based), still getting shards and 5*s.

Think about this concept - i really see this much better from player point of view, than getting specific colors of specific 5* each few dozens of levels.
    I like the idea of getting 5*s from 4* promotes, but i dont like the vision of getting more unwanted 5*s i dont need, especially when this idea is meant to lower the impact of RNG (that is, lets be honest, more and more hostile towards  the 5*s,with every new 5* released).
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Thanks for listening devs  <3