Server Maintenance Tomorrow on 10/20/17 *Update (10/20/17) [Complete]

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited October 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Update 2: Hi Everyone! The server maintenance is complete, and players should be able to log into the game now. I will be posting a mini-patch notes thread in the forum to provide more details on what was added in-game.
=====
Update: 
We have adjusted the server maintenance time, because we discovered it would've conflicted with the Hour of Revelation event. Please find the new time-frame below:
=====
Hi Everyone,

We are planning on implementing a data push tomorrow that will contain new Masterpiece Boosters (Rare+ and Mythic+ Packs), as well as several back-end updates. This process will unfortunately require some server downtime, so please take note of the time-frame below:

Start: Friday, October 20, 2017 - 9:00am PDT / 2:00pm GMT-2 / 4:00pm UTC
End: Friday, October 20, 2017 - 10:00am PDT / 3:00pm GMT-2 / 5:00pm UTC

We anticipate this process to only take approximately 15-30 minutes, however please expect up to an hour of downtime, just to be on the safe side.

Thank you for understanding!

Comments

• ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It’s great to see this announced and to see it announced in advance as well!  Kudos!
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thank you @Brigby

Could be a good idea to send a message with this advise to the app.
  • ManiiNames
    ManiiNames Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Progress!
  • wickedwitch74
    wickedwitch74 Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    please don't wipe out my account again. i just got it back.
  • Brigby
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Update: We have adjusted the server maintenance time, because we discovered it would've conflicted with the Hour of Revelation event. Please find the new time-frame in the original post

@rafalele Yes. We will have an Activity Hub message communicating this, as well.
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Update: We have adjusted the server maintenance time, because we discovered it would've conflicted with the Hour of Revelation event. Please find the new time-frame in the original post

@rafalele Yes. We will have an Activity Hub message communicating this, as well.
    Message received in the Activity Hub.

I think this is the right way to have every user notified of the latest news. I mean not only server updates, but scheduled events for the week, changes in starting event hours, chagens in event's rules , etc.
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I second what rafalele has said. This kind of transparency is how you build trust amongst your player base, and trust breeds the kind of user who is more likely to spend money.
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I cannot agree more that the ingame communication is woefully underused. This is a great step in the right direction. Thanks @rafalele. And thanks @Brigby for making it happen. 
  • tfg76
    tfg76 Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    While it´s great to see this information, I´m curious as to why @Brigby chooses to explicitly call out "GMT - 2". I think that´s not used by anyone (it´s equivalent to UTC - 1). Even UTC-2 is a time zone used only by a couple of towns in Greenland, but little elsewhere. Perhaps CEST, or some of the US time zones would be more appropriate to mention? In any case, good luck with the update!
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I wondered about the same. Maybe @Brigby like Brasil so much...
  • tfg76
    tfg76 Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ah, now I get it! Brazil is in a weird time zone based on its location :) I guess it´s because Octagon is in Brazil then.
  • Brigby
    Options
    Hi Everyone! The server maintenance is complete, and players should be able to log into the game now. I will be posting a mini-patch notes thread in the forum to provide more details on what was added in-game.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    tfg76 said:
    While it´s great to see this information, I´m curious as to why @Brigby chooses to explicitly call out "GMT - 2". I think that´s not used by anyone (it´s equivalent to UTC - 1). Even UTC-2 is a time zone used only by a couple of towns in Greenland, but little elsewhere. Perhaps CEST, or some of the US time zones would be more appropriate to mention? In any case, good luck with the update!
    Because Asia (> 70% of the world's population) still use GMT. And it's all thanks to Pax Britannia, of which my country was a part of . ;) 
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lol it's been a while since I've seen someone express disbelief that gmt is used widely. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Loving the changes and the communication that's going on now.