UI Updates for recent characters

supergarv
supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
WIth Nightcrawler, Lockjaw, Carol and the likes it becomes obvious that a UI update should be performed, right?

We need an indicator for „strongest color“ for each team. Maybe just a color dot on top left/right corner.

Also we need an indicator for „most color on board“, maybe the middle of the screen? Above the health indicators theres a lot of unused space...

An alternative could be to give each color an outline border for „strongest own“, „strongest opponent“ and „most color“?

What do you others think? I often find it annoying to check carols char popup to see what the enemies strongest color is, and then I often confuse my and the enemies strongest color.

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    No no, apparently it's much more important to add screen shake to every skill again.

You'll get strongest colour as soon as they run out of things to code that influence their revenue stream.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    At the very least, I wish that Nightcrawler and Lockjaw (and Black Bolt too, maybe) at least mentioned in their powers which colour was most present on the board, like the "Strongest Colour" powers do.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    Yeah, I created a similar thread last weekend. Didn't think of the "most common color" then.

I simply can't believe noone came up with the idea that we'd need some form of indication about which color is going to be affected. "Screw our playerbase, if they want to know they can count, it's only 64 tiles after all"
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Lockjaw's description does tell you which color is most prevalent, so I was surprised not to see it with Nightcrawler.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    rixmith said:
    Lockjaw's description does tell you which color is most prevalent, so I was surprised not to see it with Nightcrawler.
    Same here
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    At the very least, I wish that Nightcrawler and Lockjaw (and Black Bolt too, maybe) at least mentioned in their powers which colour was most present on the board, like the "Strongest Colour" powers do.
    Lockjaw does; you see the power that would apply if you fired it now.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I just noticed that when I was using him to beat up seed teams in the Simulator. I hadn't used him since his release, since I never got more than a few covers, so I'd forgotten.