No new elite pack, again

Options
Can we get an update, @Brigby? This is frustrating.

Comments

• IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Same here!
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!
  • Emanon2000
    Emanon2000 Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Options
        I would venture to say that they don't have a new card set to put up and the toll/burden on doing 'rerolls' from running the same ones again is becoming overwhelming for the support team.

That... and I'm sure the original idea was that people would be able to collect a few of them rather than most of them...

just pure speculation.
  • HypnoticSpecter
    HypnoticSpecter Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said in an earlier thread that they had a new pack and he could see that cards in it, but they wanted to wait until they knew the data push wouldn't break anything. But if they were prepared to do a data push to alter the events, then that wouldn't seem to be a concern any more. Also, if it's backbreaking to even add a new elite pack that has already been designed, I don't see how they could get a whole new set out in November like they said they would.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There are only 10 current masterpieces to rotate through. Yes, they could use masterpieces from previous sets, but I think they had anticipated implementing cards from Ixalan into elite packs by now.

A good solution might be to make packs without masterpieces and including old, paid mythics. Might not be ideal for long-time players, but giving newer players a chance at a Gisela or Olivia to use in legacy events wouldn't be a bad thing. Though considering coding in those cards would take resources, and potentially delay development of the next set's implementation, I'm okay with just banking more jewels and getting a head start on Ixalan mythics.
  • HypnoticSpecter
    Options
    Off the top of my head, I know they haven't put Omniscience, Curator of Mysteries, and Sandwurm Convergence in an elite pack yet. I think a pack with those 3 would generate interest regardless of what else is in it. Pair with the promo that lets you pay cash for 550 crystals and watch the money roll in.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said in an earlier thread that they had a new pack and he could see that cards in it, but they wanted to wait until they knew the data push wouldn't break anything. But if they were prepared to do a data push to alter the events, then that wouldn't seem to be a concern any more.
    You're assuming that they changed HoR and then changed it back. What's more likely is they didn't change it at all.
  • Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    shteev said:
    You're assuming that they changed HoR and then changed it back. What's more likely is they didn't change it at all.

Amen!
  • HypnoticSpecter
    Options
    Yes, but they were prepared to. They wouldn't have announced the HOR change for this week if they weren't able to implement it.
  • Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yes, but they were prepared to. They wouldn't have announced the HOR change for this week if they weren't able to implement it.

Uh-huh...
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. We will be implementing a data push tomorrow that will include new Rare+/Mythic+ Masterpiece Boosters. This process will unfortunately require server downtime, so I will be sure to post a forum announcement with the details. In addition, we will also be pushing an Activity Hub message announcing this.
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    Options
    -edit- i read it once again and understand this time. It was hard day. Please ignore.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Official announcement post is now live: Server Maintenance Tomorrow
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Off the top of my head, I know they haven't put Omniscience, Curator of Mysteries, and Sandwurm Convergence in an elite pack yet. I think a pack with those 3 would generate interest regardless of what else is in it. Pair with the promo that lets you pay cash for 550 crystals and watch the money roll in.
    Omniscience is the only masterpiece of that grouping, and the other two are mythic rare cards from Amonkhet rather than Hour of Devastation. But if we're looking at mythics, there are a LOT of mythics from HOD that haven't been included in the packs yet. Hour of Eternity, Hazoret's Undying Fury, Hour of Glory, Hour of Promise.... these are all cards I'd gladly spend my jewels to get.
  • HypnoticSpecter
    Options
    Have they put cards that were released late in elite packs before? I don't recall. I forgot that was a possibility, but good point!

Also, I find plenty to complain about in this game, but I totally support downtime if it helps them make improvements. 
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @wereotter Hazoret's Undying Fury is a Rare.

Brigby said in an earlier thread that they had a new pack and he could see that cards in it, but they wanted to wait until they knew the data push wouldn't break anything. But if they were prepared to do a data push to alter the events, then that wouldn't seem to be a concern any more. Also, if it's backbreaking to even add a new elite pack that has already been designed, I don't see how they could get a whole new set out in November like they said they would.
    Alternatively, they might be focusing the bulk of their efforts on designing the new set which is much more likely to please the player base than just a new Elite pack which not all that many players have the Jewels to benefit from anyway. When you've limited resources, prioritisation is important.
  • HypnoticSpecter
    Options
    If that were true, and they were candid with us about their priorities, I could live with that. 
  • ALEJANDROID
    ALEJANDROID Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    A rare yes, but one worth some jewels
    span_argoman said:

Alternatively, they might be focusing the bulk of their efforts on designing the new set which is much more likely to please the player base than just a new Elite pack which not all that many players have the Jewels to benefit from anyway. When you've limited resources, prioritisation is important.

• span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    A rare yes, but one worth some jewels
    span_argoman said:
    Indeed, I would love to get my hands on that card.

@HypnoticSpecter I hope so too but I can see how they might not want to say too much until they have delivered on their initial promises (Ixalan in November and Booster Crafting by the end of the year). Hopefully we'll hear more from them once the transition is more or less completed.
  • Zarcos
    Zarcos Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    You guys have no idea....I went to buy an elite pack, but of course the game decided it wanted to take my mana crystals without giving me the pack....so I immeadiately made a ticket. After getting a single reply per day for several days (the usual) they finally decided to reimburse me....but they gave me mana gems (yellow) instead of mana crystals (pink)...so I messaged them one more time and the following day I finally get my damned mana crystals....so then when I FINALLY go to buy the pack...its gone....this is absolutely infuriating....

Why does customer support take so long to reply?

Why do we only get a single reply per day?

(^Possibly because there are so many bugs that customer support is constantly swamped with tickets?)

Why is the first reply always the **** automated response that ignores any information you gave in the initial support ticket?

Why cant you just give me the pack I tried to buy instead of the currency?

Why have we only been able to buy HOU or ORI for the last week or so?