Solution to the win based pvp system complaints.

whitecat31
whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
Make SCL1 through SCL6 win based progression and make SCL7 and higher points based progression.  That way you can cater to the new players and casual players, and not annoy the people who worked hard to create rosters where it only takes them 20 wins to get to 1200 points. 

Comments

• Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Except that doesn't do anything for those of us who can access high SCL but don't want to dedicate our lives or our wallets to winning decent prizes in PvP. I regularly play at SCL7-8, and I very much prefer win-based progression. It means I don't want to have to burn HP for shields or ignore my family by camping out with my phone for the last few agonizing hours of each PvP session in order to get a good prize. Win-based progression prizes give me the option of playing 4-5 matches on the bus to and from work every day and still feeling rewarded for my effort.
  • catcusvader
    catcusvader Posts: 93 Match Maker
    edited October 2017
    No a simpler solution is assign opponents win value instead of points. (Like 3, 2 or 1) Whats the point of having point total assigned to opponents if its a win based system, It makes no sense. The points do nothing have no meaning at this point.

Get rid of or fix the skip button since it does nothing but cycle through the same opponents over and over. The point of skip is not wanting to face that opponent.

Edit: It seems I forgot that the points are for the leaderboard, but I still believe that win value should be added as well.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Doesnt change a thing for most of players...
    Win based PvP can be changed with much less dramatic ways - decrease amount of win needed, count defensive wins as before, etc.
  • limonade
    limonade Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2017
    veny said:
    Win based PvP can be changed with much less dramatic ways - decrease amount of win needed, count defensive wins as before, etc.
    Exactly. As it is right now, it feels super grindy for prizes that doesn't feel rewarding to a player like me.

It was easier to attain these cards before. It's a dramatic shift now.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    limonade said:
    veny said:
    Exactly. As it is right now, it feels super grindy for prizes that doesn't feel rewarding to a player like me.

It was easier to attain these cards before. It's a dramatic shift now.
    Yeah, with well picked opponents (50 points and above) you could have reached 575 points in 8-12 wins... true, loses were taking some points away... also getting above 800 points was almost impossible for most of us. 
    PvP definitely shifted into a much worse grind...
    I abandoned PvP completely, fully focusing on PvE - it takes me 2 hours to do all nodes 4 times (575 points in PvP took me sligtly above 1 hour, 16 wins is like one and half hour), which brings much more rewards, both from progressuion and placement pool... oh, and also bonus rewards.
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    It's extremely grindy...  something needs to be changed with this system. As a 4-star (thinking about 5-star) roster, I'm quickly loosing interest in anything PVP.