Established Characters (Improving Character Selection)

babinro
babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
The Problem:

My roster is currently is currently 212 characters thanks in part to being a veteran player with duplicate 3* and 2* characters.

I currently have to click the right arrow button 26 times in order to get to the very end of my roster.  I'm on Steam which shows more characters than the mobile version so that's actually better than what the majority of your vet players will need to do.

The ability to select Tiers via drop down is a big help but with 40+ 3's and 4's in the game plus dupes its still a cluttered and inconvenient mess.

Proposed Solution
:

Let players assign Established Characters in much the same way we assign Favorites right now.  Create a military chevron icon for example and place that beside the hearts.   Clicking the chevron to activate it will set that character as an Established Character.

Established characters will appear first in your roster selection list ahead of even boosted and powered up characters regardless of level.  The established characters list itself still ranks characters based on level so naturally 5's would appear first then 4's and so on.

This would be a nice quality of life option since we see more and more 3*/4*/5* mixed teams that work great in PvE.  My proposed solution allows this system to exist while using code that is already in place within the existing game since selecting favorite characters already organizes them nicely in a list based on levels.

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    They simply need the filter to be applied to the Battle Select screen. I was so excited when they announced they added the filter but it was only for the Roster screen, which is great for viewing your characters and training but doesn't help select for battle.

Most of the time I'm using the boosted characters so it's not always burdensome but when the event has numerous boosted characters such as Balance of Power, it takes longer to select my team than the actual match. 
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Lol why do Qol fixes when we can get boosts?
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 565 Critical Contributor
    Not at 212 only at 140 and it drive me nuts looking for people, I cannot imagine what you go through, all I want is a search function, easy fix :)
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Good idea, I banish ye to MPQ Suggestions and Feedback never to be seen again. Look over there, boosts!
  • Zirtak
    Zirtak Posts: 92 Match Maker
    I second that motion. Sending out 1* team ups is burdensome. Fav heroes for easy acces as a change for next season, please.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    I posted a request for the filter option on the character selection (and TU selection) screen shortly after that feature was released for the roster... what was that? 2 years ago.

If we're asking for QoL changes:

Filters for power colors
    Filters for teams (Team Cap, Team IM, neroes, villians, etc)
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    The Great Roster Selection Hunt is especially fun during Balance of Power.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    This topic came up in LINE chat today.

Just wanted to point out that my roster is up to 240 characters up from the 212 back in September 2017.
    This problem is quickly getting worse and worse.
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    It's good idea  B)
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Since the last active reply, prior to today, was over a month ago, please start a new thread, as the content in this discussion may no longer be accurate. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.