Should I champ one of these?

Options
carrion_pigeons
carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
I'm finally getting a handful of 4* characters up to the point of being champable, but they're kind of dubious options.  Currently have 2 Devil Dino covers on the vine and also a Professor X (currently at 209) cover coming when I apply my next 3* Magneto champ level.  Is it worth champing either?  If so, which?

I have the Iso to do both if I work for it, but it would drain me pretty completely, and I know there are reasons not to bother with either one, so I'm just wondering what people think.

Comments

• byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Devil Dino is certainly a prestige thing.

Prof X is probably the only 4* I would not champion.  I value the Charles's Angel team too much to champ as it would make his blue higher than GSBW's purple, so when you hit Mastermind, it would generate blue, not purple, and slowing down the point of the team.
  • DukeUpdate
    DukeUpdate Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options

I agree with byc.

Devil Dino is fun, but he really won't be featured again until the anniversary next year.

Prof. X is the only 4* I will deliberately not champ.  I will always keep his blue so that it does at least 1 point less damage than the higher of GSBW's purple or SW's purple.

If you don't have another use for the ISO yet, hang on to it, because you will need it in the future.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm a firm believer in champ them all.  If you aren't a huge PvP player I would champ both if you could.  However, if you play a lot of PvP this could hurt your MMR having to be locked into playing with DD & Prop X each time and fighting harder teams.  However in PvE with the SCL based scaling the extra damage would likely improve your speed or help you move up and SCL rank.

Really depends on what your goals are.
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My opinion:

When you're in 4* land, Charlie's Angles is no longer your friend. It's too slow, too squishy, and too uncertain. Champed, boosted Xavier is entertaining; pair him with a strike tile layer like Blade or Rocket, go invisible, game over. 

Dino is a character that you'll use once a year (in his PVP, which just happened). You can let those go and use the three covers you'll get on your next anniversary to champ him if you have to.

I champed Xavier early in my 4* transition and I haven't missed him and the angles (although when SWitch is boosted, I'll roll them out just for old-times sake).

Since you already have 2 4* champs, it won't make things any worse, although you can hope for RNG to give you better covers :)

Hope that helps!

• carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Made a bit of progress with my roster, now I have a bunch of characters at 12 covers and specifically Kingpin (as well as Charlie and Dino, which I elected not to champ before) at 13.  I'm in a similar situation to before, where I know Kingpin isn't very good and am not sure where my priorities should lie.  Characters I have at 12 covers include Invisible Woman, Thor, and X-23.  I could easily set any of those as a favorite and aim to champ one of them soon, too.

I bought like 42k HP from the Steam sale for $15 and I'm not actually sure what to do with it now, either.  Suggestions on that front would be welcome too.